Netduma R2 Packet loss and Ping spikes Wired and WiFi

morph1kx

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control menu :menu and also disable the Geo-Filter do you still experience it?

Yes. Also i  Experience this lag spikes only with my replaced unit. Before replacement  this problem was not present

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where is it you're located approximately? If you use the Geo-Filter without filtering enabled but so you can see servers where are the games putting you?

1.Latvia

2.Usually game put me to Germany

• Administrators

What is Ping Heatmap showing your ping to the servers as? Also if you do this test: https://www.meter.net/tools/world-ping-test/ could you provide a screenshot of the results please. If you think your ping differs when the R2 isn't connected, please do another test without it and also provide the results

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is Ping Heatmap showing your ping to the servers as? Also if you do this test: https://www.meter.net/tools/world-ping-test/ could you provide a screenshot of the results please. If you think your ping differs when the R2 isn't connected, please do another test without it and also provide the results

R2.thumb.png.598e1629af61774892b867d55cf96797.pngtplink.thumb.png.25263c3e77ea217928d09f4ddcac7e56.png

• Administrators

It gives us an indication of whether there is some instability with your line to countries close to you which there doesn't appear to be. If you just put the device you're playing on in the DMZ as a test and then play does it improve? (Remove it after testing)

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It gives us an indication of whether there is some instability with your line to countries close to you which there doesn't appear to be. If you just put the device you're playing on in the DMZ as a test and then play does it improve? (Remove it after testing)

I tried DMZ - no changes

• Administrators

That's basically bypassing everything and making all traffic go to the gaming device unimpeded so I can't see that anything on the router would be causing it. 

If you heavily throttle your speeds to 10% with Congestion Control (set to Always) do you notice any difference?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's basically bypassing everything and making all traffic go to the gaming device unimpeded so I can't see that anything on the router would be causing it. 

If you heavily throttle your speeds to 10% with Congestion Control (set to Always) do you notice any difference?

no difference

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, morph1kx said:

no difference

If you disconnect everything from the internet except your gaming device, disable QoS fully, Geo-Filter etc then play how is it? Do the same for another router as well please

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you disconnect everything from the internet except your gaming device, disable QoS fully, Geo-Filter etc then play how is it? Do the same for another router as well please

R2 - lag spikes and occasionally packet loss, packet burst.

Tp link - minimal ping fluctuation. -Pretty stable experience. No packet loss

• Administrators

That makes zero sense really, could you factory reset it, close the tab, wait 4 minutes, go through the Setup Wizard, keep everything default, don't change anything when you get on the interface and repeat the test please?

• Administrators

While connected to the router via a Windows PC, open command prompt, type ping 192.168.77.1 -t press enter and let it run around 30 times then press Ctrl +C on the keyboard and provide a screenshot of the results please. Do so in the above configuration.

Once you've done that also do the same but with ping 8.8.8.8 -t

On 12/3/2022 at 5:26 AM, morph1kx said:

Hello again.Sorry for the long wait, i was very frustrated with my problem and used another basic router. When i was informed about changes in dumaos, I Installed latest beta firmware + cloud update (for dpi changes). Now web surfing  a lot smoother and most important - no ping spikes in games (at least online games are playable now) . I tried wired and wireless gaming. By the way i did factory reset after update ,but settings the same what i always use.

I really hope this is not temporary changes and i can play games without problems. I will inform you if the problem reappear

you have gig.

U don't need qos.

On 12/5/2023 at 5:56 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

While connected to the router via a Windows PC, open command prompt, type ping 192.168.77.1 -t press enter and let it run around 30 times then press Ctrl +C on the keyboard and provide a screenshot of the results please. Do so in the above configuration.

Once you've done that also do the same but with ping 8.8.8.8 -t

r22.png

r21.png

• Administrators

Other than a few small spikes, your connection from the PC to the router is solid, your connection from the router to the internet is also solid. If the router was faulty it definitely wouldn't be that stable. It's most likely your connection to the specific gaming servers, using the Geo-Filter to force different servers and adding any you come across that give you a bad connection to your deny list so you never play on them again should leave you with servers you have a good connection to.