Netduma R2 Packet loss and Ping spikes Wired and WiFi

morph1kx

Unfortunately my problem came back. I get high ping spikes on wifi again.Tried different channels and qos percentages. I get ping spikes regardless how busy my network is.

All devices connected to R2

34 minutes ago, morph1kx said:

Unfortunately my problem came back. I get high ping spikes on wifi again.Tried different channels and qos percentages. I get ping spikes regardless how busy my network is.

All devices connected to R2

Is this just over Wi-Fi, not over wired? What device were you playing on and what game specifically? How far is that device from the R2? We are aware the Wi-Fi on the R2 isn't as good as we'd like it to be so it's possible that's the problem. Of course gaming over wired is always our recommendation.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Is this just over Wi-Fi, not over wired? What device were you playing on and what game specifically? How far is that device from the R2? We are aware the Wi-Fi on the R2 isn't as good as we'd like it to be so it's possible that's the problem. Of course gaming over wired is always our recommendation.

Last time i tested wired ping spikes was there.I will try wired with new update later. My device 4 meters away.Games - cod (mw2019,cold war) bf (bfv and bf 2042) also apex legends.

Yes i m aware that wifi on r2 is not that great, however i expect it to be at least avarage or below avarage. I tested laptop with 2.4 GHz and packet loss was horrendous.Laptop was 1 meter away.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Zagi87 said:

Any chance i can get early access firmware? i have some problems with packet loss on call of duty mw2, every 2nd game i have around 10% packet loss.

allready signed up

thx

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I have approved your access, you should be able to see the Early Access sub forum now.

On 12/5/2022 at 1:33 PM, Netduma Liam said:

I tested wired today and even though gameplay is better, i still get the same lag as wireless. i set qos download 90% upload 6%. I get lag even if my connection is not saturated.

I m pretty sure its not isp problem, because with other router i dont need qos for smooth experience.

However i need netduma for geofilter at least and i cant find solution for this problem.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Killmoves said:

Could someone help me with the cloud fix? I think it is why I am losing packets and internet.

What's the problem exactly? Are you requesting to be added to the tester's cloud? If so can you DM me the MAC address you see in Network Settings -> WAN -> Network.

Hi again. My problem still persist, even with the latest firmware. I also noticed lag spikes with wired connection. Even tried set qos sliders  to extremely low values. What could possibly help with my problem?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, morph1kx said:

Hi again. My problem still persist, even with the latest firmware. I also noticed lag spikes with wired connection. Even tried set qos sliders  to extremely low values. What could possibly help with my problem?

Could you provide a video perhaps of what you're seeing? That will help us figure out what may be happening

On 2/26/2023 at 2:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a video perhaps of what you're seeing? That will help us figure out what may be happening

I will try. With last update i experience stutters less often. But now i think my problem related to qos. I noticed a lot smoother gameplay with qos turned off. Can you consult me with this

4 hours ago, morph1kx said:

I will try. With last update i experience stutters less often. But now i think my problem related to qos. I noticed a lot smoother gameplay with qos turned off. Can you consult me with this

Let us know how you get on. We may need to optimise QoS a little further for you.

• 9 months later...
  • Administrators

At least in that example you can see the ping in game rising up to 100ms, if you're not seeing that on the Geo-Filter as well then it indicates the server is under load and you'd have a better experience forcing a different server

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

At least in that example you can see the ping in game rising up to 100ms, if you're not seeing that on the Geo-Filter as well then it indicates the server is under load and you'd have a better experience forcing a different server

I get exactly same situation in different games. IT IS A NETDUMA R2 FAULT. i get same ping spikes only with r2

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the R2?

I dont have acces to isp modem. Yes all devices connected to the r2