xr 500 dropping internet.

9 hours ago, rjaaayyy said:

Xr500 router. I click default dmz server and what do I put as the IP the consoles IP?

Sorry, I'm referring to the modem that the XR is connected to, do you know the make and model of that? You can then put the XR WAN IP in it's DMZ if possible.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, rjaaayyy said:

How do I do that? The Xbox has that IP, how can I change that? 

Edit the reservation, give it a different IP, then apply and reboot the Xbox, it will then get the new IP you have set

I can’t access the interface without internet.

You don't need internet access to get to the interface, it runs locally on the router. Though, if the router is unresponsive you may not be able to get to the interface. Let us know next time it happens if you can get to the interface from either a wired or a wireless device.

5 hours ago, rjaaayyy said:

I simply cannot get to it, without internet it says site can’t be reached www.router login.nets server IP address could not be found. Wired and wireless samething. 

Maybe it's struggling to resolve routerlogin.net. Is it any different if you go to 192.168.1.1?

• Administrators

When it happens set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 192.168.1.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.1.1 please and see if it works so you can grab the log.

• Administrators

Try to factory reset until you're able to get back in, then go to routerlogin.net/debug.htm connect a USB to the router and set up logging so it saves to the USB, then once it disconnects you should have logs on the USB that you can then share with us

• 2 weeks later...

When I pressed save debug log when it happened, the page goes blank and says IP of the page can’t be found. So it doesn’t even save it I think. 

That's odd, did you have the USB device connected at the time, it'll be saved to that. Is it not on there?