xr 500 dropping internet.

• Administrators

I couldn't give a reason without more of an indication, have you done anything, reboot, update etc? 

Does the internet return on its own, do you need to reboot to get it back etc? 

no i have not, i updated to recent version when it was released and nothing since. I havent changed any settings. Um it eventually reboots on its own, but its faster if i turn it on and off again. 

• Administrators

Did you do a factory reset after the update as that is recommended to remove remnants of the previous version that may cause issues. Do you have access to the interface when you disconnect? If so could you provide the log from the System Information page please when you get a disconnect? 

5 hours ago, rjaaayyy said:

i did the factory reset and it still dropped that same night

Could you please go to Settings -> Setup -> LAN Setup and change the minimum DHCP value to 100.

Then, go through and reserve an IP address for each device on the network. Give them IP address from .2 to .99.

Save those settings and see if the disconnections still occur. It may also be worth rebooting after applying these settings.

8 hours ago, rjaaayyy said:

it did not, it still dropped once so far.

Did you reboot after? If not, now that it's basically rebooted itself, monitor to see if it occurs again. The addresses should now be properly applied.

• Administrators

Was the log before or after a reboot? If after then it won't have any useful information unfortunately. Do you not have access when it disconnects? You can click the :menu icon on the log panel and then download the log to upload which would be easier

i never have access when it disconnects, it says you are no longer connected to the router. Even if im hardwired from pc to router when it happens, i cant see any of it until it comes back.

9 hours ago, rjaaayyy said:

i never have access when it disconnects, it says you are no longer connected to the router. Even if im hardwired from pc to router when it happens, i cant see any of it until it comes back.

Are you using NETGEAR's Armor feature? If so could you please try disabling it.

Is there any pattern at all to the disconnections? Do they occur during a particular time of the day or when a particular device is online?

Are you using QoS and/or Traffic Controller at all?

15 hours ago, rjaaayyy said:

Not sure where the armour feature would be. No I haven’t noticed a pattern so far. Yes I’m using the qos. 

You can see if it's enabled on the top bar of the interface, marked with a shield icon.

We've seen another issue reported from a separate user where Traffic Controller may be causing a similar problem, have you setup any Traffic Controller rules?