Astro A40 and mix amp pre sets

bagsta69

Hi all, I recently upgraded my headset to the Astro A40 plus mix amp and was wondering if anybody give me a best setting for the mix amp for cod. There are four pre set settings and was looking for some advice as to which one to set it to. Cheers. 

On 6/10/2022 at 8:32 PM, Mobel said:

@bagsta69 which Mixamp and which headset u using it and for which games I have quite a few good presets for u folks out here

I think it will be the latest version as I bought it new from amazon as was £100 cheaper than the store. Mix amp Pro And A40 headset. Play mostly Call of Duty and GT 7 at the minute 

@bagsta69

INGAME SETTINGS

AUDIO MIX

BOOST NORMAL

MASTER VOLUME 75/100

EFFECTS 100

MUSIC AND VOICE

for less distraction off or under 20

Try it with Star mode on, on ur Mixamp (so it's Stereo sound it's better for the footsteps)

The CoDWarzone preset u can use it for Vanguard, Black ops Cw as well.

AstroA40gen4CoDWarzone.jpg

AstroA40gen4GeneralGaming.jpg

12 hours ago, Mobel said:

@bagsta69

INGAME SETTINGS

AUDIO MIX

BOOST NORMAL

MASTER VOLUME 75/100

EFFECTS 100

MUSIC AND VOICE

for less distraction off or under 20

Try it with Star mode on, on ur Mixamp (so it's Stereo sound it's better for the footsteps)

The CoDWarzone preset u can use it for Vanguard, Black ops Cw as well.

AstroA40gen4CoDWarzone.jpg

AstroA40gen4GeneralGaming.jpg

Thank you for all your help. Much appreciated. :)

• 2 months later...

My suggestion is more than a simple preset, it's the opportunity to have someone who knows about audio, to personally help with their settings. 

I would never discourage people from using presets, I did up until about 6 months ago, but then I found this service and I found it to be far superior than any preset as he also takes you through warzone audio settings too, as well as check your pc audio settings are set up correctly.

The man who does the audio for example has a master's degree in audio settings, he has eq settings setup using Equaliser APO that he has specifically made for many different headphones including steelseries as well as Astros etc, he also advised on all other audio issues like for example streaming and as I mentioned before, he has done some streamers including people like icemanissac and savage, if people want to use presets, that's cool, but some just don't find the quality they are looking for in simple presets

All I've done is issued an alternative should people want a more professional setup.

1 hour ago, Mobel said:

Ye the presets I get are also from someone who does them professional, and for a specific headset

I used patara previously, the guy from fobes said the EQ audio looks ok, but there were also crucial things that was causing me, personally, problems, for example I was also using soundlock because I'd heard on some videos was good, he told me that it actually causes more problems than it solves due to blocking more than just heavy fire. 

That's the sort of thing I mean, I'm not saying the EQ settings are bad, but on an individual level, some people implement or don't implement audio setting that just make their experience worse, another example is windows own settings like enhancements, whether or not something like Dolby Atmos helps in your individual case, many different variables that I, as someone who knows nothing about audio missed by trying to take advice from places like YouTube.

The EQ settings may be good, but for example do they take into account that gunfire being really loud means your ears cannot adjust to hear enemy footsteps immediately after a gunfight, it's one thing to set EQ, it's another to be able to hear. Also I used to have my audio set to full blast, he set it to 50% so his audio settings can give better location audio as well as footstep audio at very little cost to awareness of the enemy presence, although to be clear, I'm talking pc, I don't know if they would deal with console due to software restrictions.

On 6/8/2022 at 5:20 PM, bagsta69 said:

Hi all, I recently upgraded my headset to the Astro A40 plus mix amp and was wondering if anybody give me a best setting for the mix amp for cod. There are four pre set settings and was looking for some advice as to which one to set it to. Cheers. 

check your dm's