Any reason why ping assist has been doing this?

Servines

So I’ve been used to putting the circle in the ocean and setting ping assist to 35 or so. But for whatever reason this has been happening. I’ve factory reset and even tested out other console and still the same result. My setting is on strict and also fast search disabled. I’ve rebooted and factory reset multiple times. I would also like to mention I even put ping assist to 0 and in ocean, still managed to ping a few servers here and there in different countries. 

6635D3E4-76AA-4D19-A7F5-5494E1CAC6F4.jpeg

B6E91400-10E4-419F-B4D9-DEAB0986E12A.jpeg

Thanks for posting, could you please do the following:

1. Remove your device from Geo-filter
  2. 'Resync cloud' from the three-line menu in the top left of the map
  3. Reboot the router
  4. Wait a couple minutes, then go back to Geo-filter and add your device
  5. Reboot the console if it was left on, then re-test Geo-filter

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for posting, could you please do the following:

1. Remove your device from Geo-filter
  2. 'Resync cloud' from the three-line menu in the top left of the map
  3. Reboot the router
  4. Wait a couple minutes, then go back to Geo-filter and add your device
  5. Reboot the console if it was left on, then re-test Geo-filter

Same issue happening, sad to say. it pings peers all across the globe. I am located in NY. Also would like to mention that the white list server located all the way in California is pinging at 15, so probably miss-located. 

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a full screen horizontal screenshot please so we can better tell what might be happening? 

Have you added any servers to the allow list manually?

That way, it's clear!  😉

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a full screen horizontal screenshot please so we can better tell what might be happening? 

Have you added any servers to the allow list manually?

This is what happens when I go to load the game. It pings a bunch of peers across the globe and when I got to search for a game the ping searched well above 90 when I have my ping assist set to 30. I even tried setting it to 0 ping assist in the ocean and still manages to do the same thing just less peers. I tried maybe moving the circle in different spots and that hasn’t worked. I’ve downgraded with factory reset and upgraded with factory reset. This is on my pc btw. I set it to games console to maybe fix the issue but it does this either way. I’ve tried my Xbox series x and does the same thing as well. I also have not allowed or denied a single peer or server.

801C6EE5-DA0F-4C65-A339-1785F0D4D3E1.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using a VPN, Armor on the XR or have put the PC in the DMZ or anything like that?

So a new development. On my Xbox Series X, the ping assist works the way its supposed to. So its only on my PC that its pinging all these peers and acting up. i thought my Xbox was doing the same.

• Administrators

I know you did the steps Liam mentioned before but mine has a few extra details if you wouldn't mind:

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely (including from the System Tray)
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works.

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I know you did the steps Liam mentioned before but mine has a few extra details if you wouldn't mind:

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely (including from the System Tray)
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works.

Just tried and no luck. I also reinstalled battle.net and Warzone and still no help. 

I've had this type of screen before! By putting the location in the ocean and managing 60ms in ping. But everything was back to normal after the different stages. Factory reset can be...

3 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

I've had this type of screen before! But everything was back to normal after the different stages. Factory reset...

Ill give that another shot but I have done that multiple times.

1 minute ago, Servines said:

Ill give that another shot but I have done that multiple times.

Can you reset the ping and geolocate yourself in europe then redo the steps...

10 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Can you reset the ping and geolocate yourself in europe then redo the steps...

So after the factory reset when i boot up the game it pings only one peer server nearby. I know for a fact its different on my xbox where it would ping multiple servers since my ping assist is set to 35. It feels like on PC, warzone is directing me to separate servers. I know it cant be my account because i used the same account on my xbox so im not sure whats going on here. i actually did that a couple of times where i geo located there and it just wouldnt find games or even ping them on the map. Very strange.

Just now, Servines said:

So after the factory reset when i boot up the game it pings only one peer server nearby. I know for a fact its different on my xbox where it would ping multiple servers since my ping assist is set to 35. It feels like on PC, warzone is directing me to separate servers. I know it cant be my account because i used the same account on my xbox so im not sure whats going on here. i actually did that a couple of times where i geo located to all European servers  and it just wouldnt find games or even ping them on the map. Very strange.

1 minute ago, Servines said:

Sorry?

Not a very funny joke, sorry! I install WZ on my PC and see what it looks like on the geofilter!

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

After a factory reset what settings do you change exactly or do you just setup the Geo-Filter?

When I turn off ping assist and go locate to Europe, these are the only servers the game pings on startup and doesn’t get into any game. 

26596A04-1F8A-46F1-A0EF-037400A8EC1C.jpeg