Playstation 5 - slow upload speed

Comp0za

Does anyone experiences slow upload speed on playstation 5 ? My ISP internet speed is 500/500, and the results of the speed test on my console is always estimated around 450/23 MB. Is there any fix to that? On my laptop, wired, I get 500/500MB though... 🤨 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The speed test is an estimate so won't always be super accurate, however Traffic Prioritization could be affecting the test but I suspect if you did an upload it would go faster than it says it can

No, I didn't upload anything. It's been like that ever since I got my PS5.

• Administrators

I've had a look online and there does seem to be quite a lot of people experiencing the same thing, especially with high speeds like yours - high download but upload seems to be capped. I believe it's the test/the server they're using for the test. Send a message to a friend with www.speedtest.net in it then select the message and hit X to get the web browser to appear and see what the test comes back with.

Oh, I actually get full upload speed! So Sony has capped the upload speed, no wonder why, it's painfull to upload videos to Youtube and Twitter, it takes forever to upload. But why did they just cap all the upload speed expect in server browser?

On 1/29/2022 at 5:07 PM, Comp0za_ said:

Does anyone experiences slow upload speed on playstation 5 ? My ISP internet speed is 500/500, and the results of the speed test on my console is always estimated around 450/23 MB. Is there any fix to that? On my laptop, wired, I get 500/500MB though... 🤨 

I have it on playstation too, it's playstation's fault, I'm on the original ISP orange router, because somehow I can't wait for the new xr500 software and it's in the closet