Wifi Losing Connection Randomly

BKxLounge

I just finished reading through a previous thread which describes the same issues I am having. I went through the recommendations made via twitter of going through DHCP and changing the hours to 168 and that caused a total breakdown of my internet, both wifi and ethernet. I factory reset the R1 and the system was working fine again until this morning. Wife messaged me that the wifi had dropped from the R1 but the internet via ethernet was still working completely fine.

I recently updated the R1 to the newest Firmware v.3.0.207 and enjoy a bunch of the additions but this Wifi dropping is getting to a bit much. Especially with having my kids in online school currently. The dropping of the Wifi signal is seemingly random. Last night it happenen at 9:42pm. It happened this morning at 9:12am. In previous days it has happened at 8:30pm, 10:30pm, 11pm, 7pm. There isn't a specific time or any obvious reason for the Wifi to drop. There is no more devices than normal on the network and the same ones are consuming about the same amount of bandwidth. Looking to get some form of resolution before I just toss the R1 and return to the lack luster ISP Modem.

35 minutes ago, BKxLounge said:

I just finished reading through a previous thread which describes the same issues I am having. I went through the recommendations made via twitter of going through DHCP and changing the hours to 168 and that caused a total breakdown of my internet, both wifi and ethernet. I factory reset the R1 and the system was working fine again until this morning. Wife messaged me that the wifi had dropped from the R1 but the internet via ethernet was still working completely fine.

I recently updated the R1 to the newest Firmware v.3.0.207 and enjoy a bunch of the additions but this Wifi dropping is getting to a bit much. Especially with having my kids in online school currently. The dropping of the Wifi signal is seemingly random. Last night it happenen at 9:42pm. It happened this morning at 9:12am. In previous days it has happened at 8:30pm, 10:30pm, 11pm, 7pm. There isn't a specific time or any obvious reason for the Wifi to drop. There is no more devices than normal on the network and the same ones are consuming about the same amount of bandwidth. Looking to get some form of resolution before I just toss the R1 and return to the lack luster ISP Modem.

Sorry to hear this!

Are you able to get to the R1s interface when the connection drops?
Did this only start occurring after you upgraded to .207?
Did you factory reset the R1 after you upgraded the firmware?

I did not factory reset the R1 after the update and no, this issue occured before the update about 2 times which made me check on update and realized I was running on V2.XXX. Figured the update would help.

I am going to factory reset the R1 when I go home on lunch and I will update the thread later if this occurs again.

I have factory reset the R1, it is running the newest version of DumaOS. Wifi channel has been set to the least congested. Dropped wifi immediately after the reset, required a unplug and plug back in of the R1. Wifi is working currently. No idea if it will stay working.

• Administrators

Keep us posted, if it fails again, while connected via ethernet, disable WiFi entirely, reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes, access, enable WiFi, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if it's more stable from then on.

That may be an issue. I do not own a device (computer or laptop) with Ethernet capabilities. The only device connected via ethernet currently is my PS5. Would it be possible to access the DumaOS UI through that with a mouse and keyboard?

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, BKxLounge said:

That may be an issue. I do not own a device (computer or laptop) with Ethernet capabilities. The only device connected via ethernet currently is my PS5. Would it be possible to access the DumaOS UI through that with a mouse and keyboard?

The PS5 doesn't have a web browser really so wouldn't be possible. You could try making a Guest WiFi network then connecting to that and then doing the above with the main WiFi network 

My NetdumaR2 has been doing the same thing for the past week where it loses connection randomly. On all devices connected wireless or ethernet. I thought it was because there was an update, so I updated the software and factory reset & im still having the same issues. I lose connection randomly I have to then reboot/reset my router and internet comes back for 15-30 minutes and boom disconnects again. It’s becoming really frustrating as I work from home and so does most my family. I’m in a huge emergency for help. I need this issue fixed asap. 

8 hours ago, a123js said:

My NetdumaR2 has been doing the same thing for the past week where it loses connection randomly. On all devices connected wireless or ethernet. I thought it was because there was an update, so I updated the software and factory reset & im still having the same issues. I lose connection randomly I have to then reboot/reset my router and internet comes back for 15-30 minutes and boom disconnects again. It’s becoming really frustrating as I work from home and so does most my family. I’m in a huge emergency for help. I need this issue fixed asap. 

If you could also please go to Network Settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the lease time to 168 hours, then Save Settings.

If the issue continues to persist after this, please create a new topic and detail your exact firmware version and as much information about the problem as possible. We can then help further.

I have the newest firmware and did the factory reset after completing it already & im still having the same issue even after changing my network settings to 168 hours lease time. I need a fix I’m getting really frustrated with this. I have to reboot it myself it doesn’t automatically come back and having to reboot every single time. 

3 minutes ago, a123js said:

I have the newest firmware and did the factory reset after completing it already & im still having the same issue even after changing my network settings to 168 hours lease time. I need a fix I’m getting really frustrated with this. I have to reboot it myself it doesn’t automatically come back and having to reboot every single time. 

OK, as I mentioned could you please create your own topic for this. We are currently troubleshooting another users issue in this topic and it will get very confusing if we troubleshooting yours here too.

Update, after changing the DHCP setting to 168 hours and applying I lost everything. I then factory reset and it was working alright. Lost Wifi last night so did as Fraiser recommended and turned Wifi on  and off. Now this evening 10:43 pm Wifi dropped again. Super confused on why it is just the Wifi that drops.. ethernet connection remains stable with no issues.

When this occurs, can you please go to the DumaOS interface and go to System information. From there, download the log file from the three-line menu in 'Logs'.

If you could make sure you do this before you reboot the router that'd be great, as the logs are lost when the router loses power.

Send the logs over and we'll take a look if there's anything untoward in there.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

When this occurs, can you please go to the DumaOS interface and go to System information. From there, download the log file from the three-line menu in 'Logs'.

If you could make sure you do this before you reboot the router that'd be great, as the logs are lost when the router loses power.

Send the logs over and we'll take a look if there's anything untoward in there.

Hey Liam, I would love to be able to do this but as mentioned above, when this error occurs wifi is lost and not connection to the router can be made as the only device I have with an ethernet connection is my PS5.

32 minutes ago, BKxLounge said:

Hey Liam, I would love to be able to do this but as mentioned above, when this error occurs wifi is lost and not connection to the router can be made as the only device I have with an ethernet connection is my PS5.

My apologies, I didn't see that the PS5 was the only wired device. 

As I'm not sure on the issue, I think it would be best to setup some remote logging for your R2. This way, you R2 is logging to our internal server, so when the connection drops we still have the most up-to-date log information. 

If this sounds OK to you, could you please enable 'Remote access to tech support' from the R2 WAN Network Settings?

6 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

My apologies, I didn't see that the PS5 was the only wired device. 

As I'm not sure on the issue, I think it would be best to setup some remote logging for your R2. This way, you R2 is logging to our internal server, so when the connection drops we still have the most up-to-date log information. 

If this sounds OK to you, could you please enable 'Remote access to tech support' from the R2 WAN Network Settings?

I have the R1 but I will do that on my lunch break today in about an hour's time if that is alright? I would guess the route to get to the remote access is the same on the R1 OS

17 minutes ago, BKxLounge said:

I have the R1 but I will do that on my lunch break today in about an hour's time if that is alright? I would guess the route to get to the remote access is the same on the R1 OS

My bad! I'll speak to the team and see if I can still access the R1, let me know once you've done it.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

My bad! I'll speak to the team and see if I can still access the R1, let me know once you've done it.

It has actually been turned on this whole time. I had assistance back in 2018 I believe and never turned off the remote access

On 1/14/2022 at 11:38 AM, Netduma Liam said:

So, I just had Wifi drop again. January 16, 4:04pm Newfoundland Standard Time