Newbie has problems connecting wifi

NetDumaNewb

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, NetDumaNewb said:

Ok I tried launching call of duty warzone on WIFI, it was no longer connected on the VPN, although I did not change anything. Area shown was now Amsterdam.  (why?, because VPN is set on PS5)

So with 80 MB download and 7.5mb upload I should be able to normally play (was hoping this was my VPNed speed, but no this was based on my Amsteram area)
when i tried to play a game i was lagging so bad, checked my latency and it was going from 65 to 999 to NA. 
joystick input had so much lagg that game wasnt been playable at allllll.

You may need to re-enable the VPN. Have you setup QoS or the Geo-Filter at all? If not you will need to do that to reduce your latency. Did you do the factory reset after the upgrade was successful? We don't do remote support that way for normal setup, only if there is an issue a dev has to look into. Also are ALL devices connected to the router?

Yes I’ve set up the geo filter (Amsterdam where I live).  I didn’t factory reset because it wouldn’t finish the firmware upgrade, it kept hanging there twice for so long that I just force closed the page….. 

Ok, well then I gotta bother you again tomorrow via the forum. I’m sorry.  

No my roomie her phone is connected to the old WiFi network that is in the air again due the fact the modem is no longer in bridge mode 

• Administrators

Now that it is all upgraded I would suggest you do the factory reset from the interface, a lot has changed between versions and it prevents old low level code causing issues. Ideally if you could get her phone to connect to the R2 that would make the QoS more effective - you could disable the WiFi on the ISP router to prevent devices auto connecting to it.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Now that it is all upgraded I would suggest you do the factory reset from the interface, a lot has changed between versions and it prevents old low level code causing issues. Ideally if you could get her phone to connect to the R2 that would make the QoS more effective - you could disable the WiFi on the ISP router to prevent devices auto connecting to it.

I havent been able to complete the firmware update yet. **

471 MB speedtest connected to the old WiFi from the ISP 

294 MB SPEED on the NetDuma router mehhh.  

Which speed of the two I gotta fill in for the bandwidths? 

OT: still not able to complete firmware update tried safari/chrome and chrome incognito.   Restarted PlayStation aswell 

95D09C49-F608-44DC-B3FB-1F2EF5E8D162.png

After my latest restart the update proces did turn my WiFi off and the lights from my router.
I did see changes in the background of the NetDuma OS Background

Does that mean it worked although it keeps saying upgrade is in progress?

Set the 2.4ghz to 20Mhz and use this channel for IoT devices. Set the 5ghz to 80Mhz. 

if you are using both your isp and R2 WiFi at the same time insure they are not on the same channel to help with interference. Positioning is very important to obtain the best performance, you may get a tad more out of the R2’s WiFi. The best I’ve achieved on average is 450Mbps. 

16 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Set the 2.4ghz to 20Mhz and use this channel for IoT devices. Set the 5ghz to 80Mhz. 

if you are using both your isp and R2 WiFi at the same time insure they are not on the same channel to help with interference. Positioning is very important to obtain the best performance, you may get a tad more out of the R2’s WiFi. The best I’ve achieved on average is 450Mbps. 

Where can I set that up again if I've skipped that during setup?

5 minutes ago, NetDumaNewb said:

Where can I set that up again if I've skipped that during setup?

It’s under settings, you will see the WiFi tab. 
Take your time to explore the features so you get to know the layout if it’s now running ok. The chances are both 2.4 and 5Ghz are already on the correct settings but you can double check.

Were you updating over WiFi? Is so double check the firmware version installed as the client doing the upgrade loses connection. If it’s not updating its best for Fraser or Liam to pop in as they’ve already started the procedure to get you up-to-date and I will just confuse the issue.

9 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Were you updating over WiFi? Is so double check the firmware version installed as the client doing the upgrade loses connection. If it’s not updating its best for Fraser or Liam to pop in as they’ve already started the procedure to get you up-to-date and I will just confuse the issue.

I was connected over WiFi while doing the update. During the firmware update I saw lights turning on and off on my router so I assumed it worked, but it never refreshed the page where Fraser talked about. It kept busy updating and updating until the point I no longer believed it would finish (multiple times). And I would just click the DumaOS page away.. 
I downloaded the most recent firmware update from the link they've provided me with earlier: ''DumaOS-R2-3.0.394.sig''

22 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Good advice from Newfie, please complete the steps he mentioned above!

You can see if the upgrade was successful by checking the firmware version in the top right of the interface, it should now read 3.0.394.

I've checked it out and it indeed matches the new version! Woohoo :)

Shall I reset via the button on the router or the unbuild reset button on the dumaOs>  @Netduma Liam @Newfie

I've pulled out the power adapter and put it back in. I now have 4 burning lights and my Netduma wifi again. 

Still says: R2 3.0.394  as version (Correct r)

How do I know if the reset has worked correctly? How would it look like? Was it necessary to pull out the power adapter or did that ruin anything.