Newbie has problems connecting wifi

NetDumaNewb

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, NetDumaNewb said:

I've pulled out the power adapter and put it back in. I now have 4 burning lights and my Netduma wifi again. 

Still says: R2 3.0.394  as version (Correct r)

How do I know if the reset has worked correctly? How would it look like? Was it necessary to pull out the power adapter or did that ruin anything.

I usually recommend against rebooting by unplugging if you have access but it won't have caused an issue. That is the correct version. There is no specific confirmation once you connect back that it has rebooted, although you can look in the logs and it would start a few minutes after you rebooted it.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, NetDumaNewb said:

I have like 40 mb download en less than half a MB upload speed when connected on LAN (cable 1) inside NetDuma router 

Is that on speedtest.net or Connection Benchmark? Can you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that on speedtest.net or Connection Benchmark? Can you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please?

It was on the inbuild  PS5  speedtest, but trust me it was terribly low.  No one could hear me speaking because of the connection was so bad.

• Administrators

In that case that is because you're using the VPN as to why you're getting slower speeds on the test and you're experiencing lag causing the voice chat not to work correctly.

Also you haven't setup QoS at all which I would recommend you do - start by setting your Bandwidth Speeds in the Congestion Control menu, then lower Download/Upload percentages to 70% at least. In terms of Traffic Prioritization you don't need to add devices that are doing normal web browsing, the console will be prioritized automatically by DumaOS Classified Games. 

Some screenshots! 

In my network map it shows something offline between router and PS5, does that explain the much lower upload? 
Im cabled on 440 MB download and 19 MB upload right now (this is without any VPN applied yet so it will probably drop a lot) but I hope there is a way I can make it playable preferbly by LAN. 

Any recommandations based on my current settings?

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-17 om 11.19.27.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-17 om 11.17.17.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-17 om 11.12.20.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-17 om 11.15.58.png

3 hours ago, NetDumaNewb said:

In my network map it shows something offline between router and PS5, does that explain the much lower upload? 

That's just showing that your PlayStation is currently offline, that isn't the reason you're having issues.

3 hours ago, NetDumaNewb said:

Im cabled on 440 MB download and 19 MB upload right now (this is without any VPN applied yet so it will probably drop a lot) but I hope there is a way I can make it playable preferbly by LAN. 

Are these the speeds you expect to get from your ISP? If so please update these in DumaOS by going to the three-dot menu in the top right -> Advanced -> Bandwidth speeds.

That's going to make QoS work a lot better.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's just showing that your PlayStation is currently offline, that isn't the reason you're having issues.

Are these the speeds you expect to get from your ISP? If so please update these in DumaOS by going to the three-dot menu in the top right -> Advanced -> Bandwidth speeds.

That's going to make QoS work a lot better.

The download is what I expect, the upload should be higher tho.

1 hour ago, NetDumaNewb said:

The download is what I expect, the upload should be higher tho.

Where are you measuring these speeds? Is this from Connection Benchmark? If so please test a third-party speedtest as I believe that's a Connection Benchmark bug.

• 2 years later...

Hi. I'm having a nightmare with these stupid netduma R2 they are crap I've had 2 and both have done same thing they just mess up u keep either dropping connection or u can get on the interface or half of it doesn't load I've tried factory restarting both and trying to get on to WiFi and laptop either can find it or it just says unable to connect I have tried all thing u have mention in several articles I can't put my BT hub in bridge mode as it says online bt don't allow this and also my laptop doesn't have a wan port so can't connect it via they are alot of money for something this doesn't work half time and not reliable why is it so buggy and now why can't I connect to the hub via laptop to be able to set up wizard even when I try find wizard it  still doesn't find it 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DJN said:

Hi. I'm having a nightmare with these stupid netduma R2 they are crap I've had 2 and both have done same thing they just mess up u keep either dropping connection or u can get on the interface or half of it doesn't load I've tried factory restarting both and trying to get on to WiFi and laptop either can find it or it just says unable to connect I have tried all thing u have mention in several articles I can't put my BT hub in bridge mode as it says online bt don't allow this and also my laptop doesn't have a wan port so can't connect it via they are alot of money for something this doesn't work half time and not reliable why is it so buggy and now why can't I connect to the hub via laptop to be able to set up wizard even when I try find wizard it  still doesn't find it 

If you make a new topic we can help you there