Jump to content

Error on WIFI channel and WIFI suddenly stop working.


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

Yes that's correct. So wired devices still have internet? Could you check the WiFi devices and disable Private Addresses on each of them, it may be that prompting the router to think it is a different device, otherwise you could set the static IP on the devices themselves and they should get internet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2022 at 6:33 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's correct. So wired devices still have internet? Could you check the WiFi devices and disable Private Addresses on each of them, it may be that prompting the router to think it is a different device, otherwise you could set the static IP on the devices themselves and they should get internet

Yes, wired devices have internet. Im adding another log file which corresponds the time the WIFI disconnects in all devices. Sadly, this is really annoying. The only fix is just rebooting the router. Also, every single time i try to access the NETWORK Setting, the message "the app is taking longer" appears. Honestly at this point, im really pissed off. THIS IS JUST WIFI! IS JUST A BASIC FEATURE.image.thumb.png.e0f9e2133bd90697fe55e03906bdaed7.png

log-1667510976787.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Did you do the above suggestions with reserved IPs on the WiFi devices specifically? Log seems to show DHCP is still enabled and seems to be after a lease renewal it happens. It is an 8 year old router, on hardware that is older than that but I do understand your frustration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you do the above suggestions with reserved IPs on the WiFi devices specifically? Log seems to show DHCP is still enabled and seems to be after a lease renewal it happens. It is an 8 year old router, on hardware that is older than that but I do understand your frustration.

Yes, i tried you suggestion of reserving the IP on the device.

I did a factory reset, Renamed the WIFI to NETDUMA CELERITY, set a new password, renamed the device once im connected the WIFI networdk trough my Phone, went to DHCP to assing a reserved IP to the device, set an Static IP on my device (Phone), unticked the DHCP, rebooted, no internet on the Phone. Thicked the DHCP ON, still no internet.

On my phone, set to automatic IP with DHCP unthicked: no internet. Automatich IP with DHCP thicked ON: i have internet connection, then went to Network Settings to double check the config and theres again the "op taking longer" notification.

Notice that im just using 1 WIFI device and 1 Wired device.

image.thumb.png.651fab66eb3399cb71a53604a5281bc7.png

image.thumb.png.13fa6f943978d2e2ff21018ffe0b63c3.png

image.thumb.png.04152a8c4e89cb8995d2da5954262c56.png

image.thumb.png.37545dc3cc1418087ce12dbaa0b7faf6.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
8 hours ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

Yes, i tried you suggestion of reserving the IP on the device.

I did a factory reset, Renamed the WIFI to NETDUMA CELERITY, set a new password, renamed the device once im connected the WIFI networdk trough my Phone, went to DHCP to assing a reserved IP to the device, set an Static IP on my device (Phone), unticked the DHCP, rebooted, no internet on the Phone. Thicked the DHCP ON, still no internet.

On my phone, set to automatic IP with DHCP unthicked: no internet. Automatich IP with DHCP thicked ON: i have internet connection, then went to Network Settings to double check the config and theres again the "op taking longer" notification.

Notice that im just using 1 WIFI device and 1 Wired device.

OK, I can't remember if it's possible or not, but can you manually set the DNS on the iPhone too? Just set it to something like 1.1.1.1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, I can't remember if it's possible or not, but can you manually set the DNS on the iPhone too? Just set it to something like 1.1.1.1

pic 1 Reserved IP on the Device (Phone) with Automatic DNS: NO WIFI

pic 2 Reserved IP on the Device with MANUAL DNS: WIFI 

 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's interesting so it may be a DNS issue overall, could you set it manually on the R1 and see if that allows the device without DNS manually set to work?

Well, by the time im replying i have normal WIFI on the device, which is my phone. The same IP direction is manually set on the R1 and on the phone.

What exactly you want me to try? 

You mean giving the Phone a Reserved IP on the R1 then check if i have WIFI connection configuring an automatic DNS?

Honestly, im kinda lost at this part.

image.thumb.png.7dc7d659e2ad2a884eeb06463fd4ffa5.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

It looks like setting DNS on the phone itself is allowing you to get internet so on the R1 in WAN Settings can you set the DNS to 1.1.1.1 and see if it allows a device without the DNS set manually on the device itself to get internet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It looks like setting DNS on the phone itself is allowing you to get internet so on the R1 in WAN Settings can you set the DNS to 1.1.1.1 and see if it allows a device without the DNS set manually on the device itself to get internet

Is the r1 ever gonna get dumaos 3.2 I have a r1 and xr500 but kinda about to use my asus until something comes up it'd been quite awhile on the xr500 firmware

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
31 minutes ago, ryekye said:

Is the r1 ever gonna get dumaos 3.2 I have a r1 and xr500 but kinda about to use my asus until something comes up it'd been quite awhile on the xr500 firmware

The XR500 yes, the R1 we are seeing whether it is possible given the age of the hardware

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The XR500 yes, the R1 we are seeing whether it is possible given the age of the hardware

Hopefully it can I have one so I'm gonna use my asus in the meantime it's been far too long on firmware

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2022 at 7:11 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It looks like setting DNS on the phone itself is allowing you to get internet so on the R1 in WAN Settings can you set the DNS to 1.1.1.1 and see if it allows a device without the DNS set manually on the device itself to get internet

Network settings> WAN> NEtwork> Should i leave "USE Upstream DNS" thicked on and "DNS override" on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

Network settings> WAN> NEtwork> Should i leave "USE Upstream DNS" thicked on and "DNS override" on?

Untick it and then set the same manual DNS you did on the device

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2022 at 10:03 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Brilliant to hear that, do keep us updated!

The WIFI just dropped again. No WIFI on any device, the devices with DNS manually on it, dont have wifi access and the devices with NO DNS manually as well. It's the same again and again.

Disconnected to the wifi network on my phone, then select "forget this network", searched for the wifi network again and it wont even connect, it keeps loading and loading. Its the same with any other device, the only fix is rebooting the R1 till the wifi drop again. This is really painful.

image.thumb.png.301810a8c04d86cc08bd8f27848a99a1.pngimage.thumb.png.3fb2807bf8124d95c2e318167f2a4de6.png

log-1668146609852.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
4 hours ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

The WIFI just dropped again. No WIFI on any device, the devices with DNS manually on it, dont have wifi access and the devices with NO DNS manually as well. It's the same again and again.

Disconnected to the wifi network on my phone, then select "forget this network", searched for the wifi network again and it wont even connect, it keeps loading and loading. Its the same with any other device, the only fix is rebooting the R1 till the wifi drop again. This is really painful.

log-1668146609852.txt 17.69 kB · 0 downloads

Did you capture the log after the reboot? If so, that would explain why there's not very much in there.

Next time the issue occurs, can you try capturing the log from a wired device before you complete the reboot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Did you capture the log after the reboot? If so, that would explain why there's not very much in there.

Next time the issue occurs, can you try capturing the log from a wired device before you complete the reboot?

All logs im sharing are captured from a ethernet PC. WIFI dropped again. Im sharing another log

log-1668183366541.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 7:19 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks, we'll take a look, it's quite possible due to the age of the device that it is becoming faulty unfortunately.

Aged, yes. Faulty, i really doubt it. I really like to take care of the devices that i invested on. Thanks for all the help but im Very disapponted that yall came with that answer. Wifi just dropped again, as im replying in the middle of an online class. Adding another log.

log-1669039207937.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I totally get your disappointment and I'm sure you have taken very good care of it, you've been with us for a very long time so I don't doubt that at all. The router platform wasn't new in 2014 when we decided to use it for the R1 and it has been about 8 years since that point so it's more likely degradation over time. 

It is unlikely we can do any more to help resolve the issue unfortunately but email [email protected] and we can help with an upgrade to an R2 if that is something you would be interested in, just make sure to include a link to this topic in that email as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...