Error on WIFI channel and WIFI suddenly stop working.

thewilloxdiaz

• Administrators

Try this: While connected via ethernet, disable WiFi entirely, reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes, access, enable WiFi, change the channel, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if it's more stable from then on.

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try this: While connected via ethernet, disable WiFi entirely, reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes, access, enable WiFi, change the channel, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if it's more stable from then on.

Hi. Thanks for the reply and Happy New Year to all the Netduma Team.

Ive tried those steps and when i click the red SAVE WIRELSS box, that error message appears. That did not help me at all and is worse than ever because when i "Enable 2.4GHz WiFi" and click the SAVE WIRELESS, without touching the WIFI channel, the same error appears. Now, i dont have WIFI at all. 

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It might be because you're using an _ in the network name, could you take this out and then see if it saves without error please?

Just changed the name of the network. Still cant change the Channel. Just did a Factory reset btw. Also, sometimes when i try to apply or save a setting this message appears:

image.png.8cb4427ad70c2a8ac4f2ebd3b907baae.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Enable the Guest WiFi and use that instead, it should allow you to change channel also without error and we'll fix this issue for the next version

I cant change de WIFI Channel on the Guest WIFI tab, it just not there. What should i do exactly to change the channel on the Guest WIFI Tab?

Please, ive been struggling with this issue since April 2021. Its been months and still no fix? WIFI is still randomly disconectiong even on Guest WIFI.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think for the moment you'll have to leave it on the channel it is set on until the next version. How often is it disconnecting? Are all WiFi devices affected?

Couple of times everyday and all WIFI devices are affected.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

You are running a slightly older firmware, it might be worth downloading the latest version here and installing it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8z4kcynmo3glplp/DumaOS-R1-3.0.207.sig?dl=0

Hi, thanks for replying. Im using the R1 3.0.171 version. The WIFI is disconnecting almost all time lately and the only fix is rebooting the Router. Its pretty annoying doing that over ang over again. At this, time im not sure if changing the channel would help. I will install the last version.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

Thanks for the file with the update. Ive been testing the new update and the wifi is not disconecting so far and i can change the channel normally.

Great to hear that, thanks for the update!

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, could you give it a factory reset and see whether it occurs again after the same amount of time? This may be related to something we've figured out recently

Just did a factory reset. While i was doing the reset, i got the "Missing JSON response" error. Had to close that tab and open a new one. Forgot to mention, two days ago the WIFI disconects at a certain time of the day around 1 or 2 am but today it disconnects randomly at any time of the day. Gonna give it a test after the factory reset.
 image.png.2e134f817837635a67f5ca18452dbed1.png

On 1/26/2022 at 4:34 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Do keep us posted! It's possible memory is filling up which is why it happened after two weeks, hence would like to see if it happens again roughly after the same amount of time

No improves with the factory reset. Internet is still randomly disconnecting at any time. I have to Reboot the router so i could reconect to the internet.

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think your best option at the moment while you wait would be to downgrade to an earlier DumaOS version that you know has been stable for you, you will lose some features but hopefully gain more stability.

Now i have another issue with my R1. I can't access any tab because i have this message "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute". I tried on Chrome and Opera GX with the same results.   

image.png

7 hours ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

Now i have another issue with my R1. I can't access any tab because i have this message "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute". I tried on Chrome and Opera GX with the same results.   

Please go to System Information -> Installed Rapps -> Click the three-line menu in change the number of retries to 5.

Reboot after doing this, that should help with your issue.

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Please go to System Information -> Installed Rapps -> Click the three-line menu in change the number of retries to 5.

Reboot after doing this, that should help with your issue.

Just did that and still i can't load any tab. Can't go to Device manage, Ping heat-map, Qos, or Geo-Filter. When i try to load the Geo-Filter tab i have the message "Uncaught undefined". It's very frustrating at this poing. The WIFI disconecting randomly and now this. 

image.png

15 hours ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

Just did that and still i can't load any tab. Can't go to Device manage, Ping heat-map, Qos, or Geo-Filter. When i try to load the Geo-Filter tab i have the message "Uncaught undefined". It's very frustrating at this poing. The WIFI disconecting randomly and now this. 

That seems to be a different issue, did you reboot the R1 after making the changes I suggested previously?

12 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That seems to be a different issue, did you reboot the R1 after making the changes I suggested previously?

Yes, i did another reboot and i can now access de tabs normally. Thanks for the help but still i have the same issue, the WIFI is disconecting randomly at any time. It's really annoying since family can't have their online classes properly. A basic feature as WIFI shouldn't fail this often.

EDIT: the WIFI just disconected again, did a reboot and again i can't acces to the tabs. Again this issue: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute. Just when i thought the tabs issue was already fixed. This is terrible, i can't access to basic features.