Error on WIFI channel and WIFI suddenly stop working.

thewilloxdiaz

10 hours ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

Yes, i did another reboot and i can now access de tabs normally. Thanks for the help but still i have the same issue, the WIFI is disconecting randomly at any time. It's really annoying since family can't have their online classes properly. A basic feature as WIFI shouldn't fail this often.

EDIT: the WIFI just disconected again, did a reboot and again i can't acces to the tabs. Again this issue: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute. Just when i thought the tabs issue was already fixed. This is terrible, i can't access to basic features.

OK, could you please go to Network Settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the lease time to 168 hours. After this, please reboot the R1 and let us know if the problem persists.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 5:49 AM, Netduma Liam said:

OK, could you please go to Network Settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the lease time to 168 hours. After this, please reboot the R1 and let us know if the problem persists.

I did what you suggested and worked fine for two weeks (feb 2 to feb 14). Now the issue is back. WIFI is still disconecting randomly.

7 hours ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

I did what you suggested and worked fine for two weeks (feb 2 to feb 14). Now the issue is back. WIFI is still disconecting randomly.

That's odd, can you double checking the Network settings are still configured this way? Have you added any devices or made any changes since?

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's odd, can you double checking the Network settings are still configured this way? Have you added any devices or made any changes since?

Network Settings are the same as you suggested and WIFI is still disconecting. By the time im replying this, i already had to reboot my R1 two times to reconnect the WIFI. Added any new devices to the WIFI network? Yes, one cellphone, a laptop and a tablet. On Geo Filter, the only device i added is my desktp PC labeled as Game Console.

image.png.b7847d5687fe102a3daa923b118c0d05.png

image.png.9446999007c2f0b653f17aa54fe0175c.png

• Administrators

Now you have access again, try this again: While connected via ethernet, disable WiFi entirely, reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes, access, enable WiFi, change the channel, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if it's more stable from then on.

Also, set reserved IPs for all devices between .2 - .99 and then reboot from the interface and wait 2 minutes

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2022 at 2:33 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Now you have access again, try this again: While connected via ethernet, disable WiFi entirely, reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes, access, enable WiFi, change the channel, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if it's more stable from then on.

Also, set reserved IPs for all devices between .2 - .99 and then reboot from the interface and wait 2 minutes

WIFI worked fine for a month. Then, the issue is back. The WIFI keeps disconecting randomly once per day.

I tried what you suggested but i did not try to set the reserved IP for the devices. On DHCP, DHCP range is min: 192.168.88.100 max 192.168.88.250. Should i change it to min: 192.168.88.2 max: 192.168.88.99 as you suggested?

image.png.f5414f921316541046998083120e3ee4.png 

• Administrators

The .2 - .99 is for reserving IP addresses to make sure devices are getting IP addresses outside of the DHCP range, that is the important part. If a device has an IP within the range and it renews, which it would after a week then it could disconnect. If it has an IP outside the range it can't renew and so in theory a disconnect should not happen.

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The .2 - .99 is for reserving IP addresses to make sure devices are getting IP addresses outside of the DHCP range, that is the important part. If a device has an IP within the range and it renews, which it would after a week then it could disconnect. If it has an IP outside the range it can't renew and so in theory a disconnect should not happen.

Should i set min: 192.168.88.2 and max: 192.168.88.99 then? Like im showing on the picture?

image.png.a54b010e74f92a9509f864f6a6a248b4.png

• Administrators

It doesn't matter what range you set particularly, just that the reserved IPs are outside that range. If you want to use that range then ensure all devices are given a reserved IP of .100 and above

On 4/4/2022 at 4:54 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It doesn't matter what range you set particularly, just that the reserved IPs are outside that range. If you want to use that range then ensure all devices are given a reserved IP of .100 and above

Can you please tell me exactly how should i do that? Im very lost at this and very frustrated over this situation. WIFI is a basic feature and everyday it keep disconnecting radomly. 

Now im getting this messagge trying to access the Dashboard:

image.png.cc661bbb1e0f58034a7e55634aa8151d.png

• Administrators

That message is likely occurring because you have an Adblocker on the web browser, if you disable it for the interface it should go away.

I've included a picture as an example:

image.png

So you can see the DHCP range starts at .100 and ends at .250 so I have clicked the reserved IP on each of my devices and given them an IP address below .100 (don't use .1 as that is the router IP)

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That message is likely occurring because you have an Adblocker on the web browser, if you disable it for the interface it should go away.

I've included a picture as an example:

image.png

So you can see the DHCP range starts at .100 and ends at .250 so I have clicked the reserved IP on each of my devices and given them an IP address below .100 (don't use .1 as that is the router IP)

Ok, thanks for the example. I gave reserved IP to all my devices, applied, rebooted my router and im trying to access again to Network Settings but i can't go futher because of "The rapp is not loaded yet". This is not the first time im having this issue. Honestly, this is really frustrating. WIFI disconnecting + The rapp is not loading yet. Is there a decent fix for this? Im having this issue for more months. Is just the WIFI, something really basic. 

Retry attemps on Starups is already on 5

image.thumb.png.2262b5b84ba03f7b8d52ea4ee29867c0.png

image.thumb.png.5f4a23ba45ebff9d900f72d7d87bc765.png

• Administrators

I think you'll have to try another reboot from the interface but wait 2 full minutes before you try to access it and then it should work. Also disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN and disable the protection options on WAN as that may help

• 6 months later...
On 4/10/2022 at 12:56 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I think you'll have to try another reboot from the interface but wait 2 full minutes before you try to access it and then it should work. Also disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN and disable the protection options on WAN as that may help

Today is October 15th and im still having this issue. It has been months and months of wifi randomly disconnecting. I have done all you guys suggested and nothing works. This is very frustrating. The only temporary fix is unplugging the R1. Also, everytime i SAVE CHANGES on LAN/ DHCP i have the "The operation is taking longer" Message and i waited for more than 2 mins after rebooting and its the same.

All my devices have reserved IP from 192.168.88.10 to 192.168.88.30 

DHCP range is min 192.168.88.100 max 192.168.88.200

DHCP Lease time is 168 hours - 0 minutes

IPV6 in LAN/WAN is disables.

R1 version is R1 3.0.207

PLEASE, it has been MONTHS with this issue. I need help. 

image.thumb.png.de5a579f76d365109813ec416981daa0.png

image.png.096e46e5123b6d92d06425c6ec2e75e4.pngimage.png.690cc26b08c07bfe6a0a6e5ded6bdc2f.png

image.thumb.png.4be9915551bd6440ca8ccdb7d2f851a7.png

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you grab the log file from the System Information page when the disconnect happens please and hopefully there will be some more information there

Hi, thanks for the reply. How do i do that?

When the wifi disconects, i should download the file in the pic?

image.thumb.png.57c493afb3911d6a20ba548164dca26e.png

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. How do i do that?

When the wifi disconects, i should download the file in the pic?

Yes please! Then just upload it here and we can take a look at it and see what may be happening.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes please! Then just upload it here and we can take a look at it and see what may be happening.

The wifi disconnected about two hours ago. It's useful to you if i upload a log that i just downloaded now? or you need one log when the wifi disconects at that precise moment?

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

The wifi disconnected about two hours ago. It's useful to you if i upload a log that i just downloaded now? or you need one log when the wifi disconects at that precise moment?

If you rebooted between the disconnect and now then it won't have any useful information in it and so would need it after the disconnect before a reboot. If you didn't reboot then the log will have the information in, just let us know the rough time it occurred so we can match it to the log.

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you rebooted between the disconnect and now then it won't have any useful information in it and so would need it after the disconnect before a reboot. If you didn't reboot then the log will have the information in, just let us know the rough time it occurred so we can match it to the log.

As im repliying this post, the wifi just disconected again. I just uploaded the Log.

log-1665873343610.txt

3 minutes ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

As im repliying this post, the wifi just disconected again. I just uploaded the Log.

log-1665873343610.txt 17.52 kB · 0 downloads

This log that ends with 1679 have the next info at the bottom:

Sat Oct 15 17:37:25 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 3a:12:d7:43:54:9d IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Sat Oct 15 17:37:25 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 3a:12:d7:43:54:9d IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 5)
Sat Oct 15 17:37:25 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 3a:12:d7:43:54:9d WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)
Sat Oct 15 17:37:25 2022 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[7235]: DHCPREQUEST(br-lan) 192.168.88.29 3a:12:d7:43:54:9d 
Sat Oct 15 17:37:25 2022 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[7235]: DHCPACK(br-lan) 192.168.88.29 3a:12:d7:43:54:9d 
Sat Oct 15 17:37:25 2022 user.info com.netdumasoftware.neighwatch: DHCP old event.
Sat Oct 15 17:37:25 2022 user.info com.netdumasoftware.neighwatch: DHCP lease change.

log-1665873581679.txt

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that all that was in the log? There should be a lot more than that. The disconnect happened with the last entries of the last log?

I added 2 logs in my last post. Yes, theres a lot more. Yes, the disconnect happened with the 2 logs i uploaded. The logs are basically the same but the one that ends with 1679 is a bit different at the bottom.

log-1665873343610.txt

• Administrators

The only thing there that could have caused it is DHCP. It looks like you've set a lot of devices with reserved IPs, double check you've done every device, then disable the DHCP server completely, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if the disconnections continue please.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 6:16 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

The only thing there that could have caused it is DHCP. It looks like you've set a lot of devices with reserved IPs, double check you've done every device, then disable the DHCP server completely, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if the disconnections continue please.

Yes, i have several devices with reserved IPS because you guys told me to. Every single device it has a reserverd IP. By disabling the DHCP server you mean unthick the DHCP button? When i disable the DHCP as you can see in the picture, i have no internet on any wireless device. Im adding another LOG which corresponds to the moment that i do not have wifi.

image.thumb.png.899dc7ed33dcfc69927da5cf8d9d3dea.png

log-1667027720552.txt