whats with the QOS and listing everything as wireless type?

Private Greenie

6 hours ago, Private Greenie said:

as per title and attached photo.

unrelated note, this is beta firmware but i cant see to find access to the beta thread, have i lost access to that area?

The wireless type is an option you select when adding the rule to QoS. The reason there's an option for this is because wireless traffic is handled differently. If you're gaming over wireless, select "gaming/voice" when adding your rule.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

The wireless type is an option you select when adding the rule to QoS. The reason there's an option for this is because wireless traffic is handled differently. If you're gaming over wireless, select "gaming/voice" when adding your rule.

thanks, however im not using wifi and wifi is actually disabled. so confused about why anything i select here is assigned to the table in this way, and now wonder if this is possibly why the netduma shows my xbox going offline and back online when viewing the network devices page and why in the QOS the red dot does always show when traffic i expect to be covered by the rule is occurring but the indicator does on and off.

this is the last screen that appears after setting an QOS rule, and the selection here is what appears under wireless type as shown in the OP picture. If this applying WIFI specific rules intended for wifi traffic which i understand to be done differently then cabled traffic how do i go about selecting the cabled option

wan.PNG

21 minutes ago, Private Greenie said:

thanks, however im not using wifi and wifi is actually disabled. so confused about why anything i select here is assigned to the table in this way, and now wonder if this is possibly why the netduma shows my xbox going offline and back online when viewing the network devices page and why in the QOS the red dot does always show when traffic i expect to be covered by the rule is occurring but the indicator does on and off.

this is the last screen that appears after setting an QOS rule, and the selection here is what appears under wireless type as shown in the OP picture. If this applying WIFI specific rules intended for wifi traffic which i understand to be done differently then cabled traffic how do i go about selecting the cabled option

It would be showing that way in the table as that's the option you selected when you added the rule. For wired devices, go ahead and select normal.

If you're playing CoD, I'd suggest enabling the DumaOS classified games rule. CoD is already classified here and you should find that traffic is being caught and prioritised by this rule.

thanks. i was using normal for my rules, however you suggest sticking to classified games option which lists gaming under the wireless option, which is contrary to your advice to use select normal. im sorry for being a pain. attention to detail and problem solving my life away doesn't always come across as friendly to others, while im only trying to confirm my understanding is correct.

Happy holidays and the Poms havent had a very good start to the ashes, any thoughts on how the boxing day test is going to go?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Private Greenie said:

thanks. i was using normal for my rules, however you suggest sticking to classified games option which lists gaming under the wireless option, which is contrary to your advice to use select normal. im sorry for being a pain. attention to detail and problem solving my life away doesn't always come across as friendly to others, while im only trying to confirm my understanding is correct.

Happy holidays and the Poms havent had a very good start to the ashes, any thoughts on how the boxing day test is going to go?

Classified Games is different in that it uses DPI to prioritize so by default it has Gaming/Voice selected, it shouldn't negatively affect you even if playing on a wired device. 

I am definitely not the one to talk to sport about 😂 happy holidays!