Traffic prio Duma OS vs Port based

CRarsenxL

• Administrators

The ports the Games Console service uses is 1024/65535, most household traffic will be going over port 80/443, perhaps some smart devices communicating over different ports but would be very minimal traffic. The only issue you could have really is if you were to torrent, in which case disable while you do so.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The ports the Games Console service uses is 1024/65535, most household traffic will be going over port 80/443, perhaps some smart devices communicating over different ports but would be very minimal traffic. The only issue you could have really is if you were to torrent, in which case disable while you do so.

Do you happen to know what dscp tags it's applying when selecting apply to wan? Understand if not allowed to go into detail. Would be cool in the future to be able to customize it, some markings might work better than others depending on the ISP, unless they get discarded lol.

Currently having an issue where when I use traffic prio, every match feels like I'm too much at a disadvantage. For example, people damage me before I can ADS or if I'm already ADS they still manage to stop, ADS and kill me. With it off I still have BS moments but I have a chance at killing some people if I shoot first and every encounter doesn't feel one sided.

I think I need to experiment more with the type and whether to apply to wan for each type. A description of what each one does would be nice. I think another dev mention use the game/voice one if you're playing over wifi - why? what's that doing differently to just the normal one? Maybe you could give a description of each option when hovering over the type in a future update (if it's not top secret lol)

6 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Do you happen to know what dscp tags it's applying when selecting apply to wan? Understand if not allowed to go into detail. Would be cool in the future to be able to customize it, some markings might work better than others depending on the ISP, unless they get discarded lol.

Currently having an issue where when I use traffic prio, every match feels like I'm too much at a disadvantage. For example, people damage me before I can ADS or if I'm already ADS they still manage to stop, ADS and kill me. With it off I still have BS moments but I have a chance at killing some people if I shoot first and every encounter doesn't feel one sided.

I think I need to experiment more with the type and whether to apply to wan for each type. A description of what each one does would be nice. I think another dev mention use the game/voice one if you're playing over wifi - why? what's that doing differently to just the normal one? Maybe you could give a description of each option when hovering over the type in a future update (if it's not top secret lol)

I don't actually know of the top of my head, I'd need to check with a dev but I'll let you know if it's something we can share!

Again, I can't remember exactly how the game/voice traffic type works but it's to do with how Wi-Fi generates different types of traffic and it needs to be handled differently.

Thanks for the feedback!

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I don't actually know of the top of my head, I'd need to check with a dev but I'll let you know if it's something we can share!

Again, I can't remember exactly how the game/voice traffic type works but it's to do with how Wi-Fi generates different types of traffic and it needs to be handled differently.

Thanks for the feedback!

Would it be beneficial for PC vanguard to enable both Games console service and ICMPv4?

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, CRarsenxL said:

Would it be beneficial for PC vanguard to enable both Games console service and ICMPv4?

No not really needed, ICMPv4 is more for diagnostics, would not equate to any real difference in gameplay quality.