Nighthawk xr500 ac2600 pease advise

IM gonna buy  the nighthawk xr500 ac2600  router

Can i use dumar os on this router

I want to use dumar  3.O os on it

Also is there any diffrence between   nighthawk xr500 and the nighthawk xr599 ac2600  model

As i  have never heard of the ac2600 model before  i only thought there was the xr500 model

As i dont want to buy somthing that wont work with the dumar os

Cheers

I cant atm as im writing this on ps4  cant copy n paste 

I just typed in google buy  nighthawk xr500  and it bought up   3  places to buy it from uk 

1st is uk.webuy.com    aka cex   sells it as netgear  nighthawk xr500 pro ac2600   for 125.00 pounds

2nd is currys.co.Uk  sells it as netgear xr500r nighthawk pro ac2600 for 209.99 pounds

3rd is argos sells it as netgearac2600 nighthawk pro xr500 for 249,99 pounds

Hy there again 

I was chatting  to a youtuber who uses a nighthawk xr500

They said there using the  newest firmware   gold one

Im confused  about  the gold part

What  do they mean about the gold firmware

Is there a special gold fw     do we have to buy it

Im asking now  because  my   nighthawk xr500  will be delevered in the next few days   so i know what firmware  to install on it hopefuly 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, kinel said:

Hy there again 

I was chatting  to a youtuber who uses a nighthawk xr500

They said there using the  newest firmware   gold one

Im confused  about  the gold part

What  do they mean about the gold firmware

Is there a special gold fw     do we have to buy it

Im asking now  because  my   nighthawk xr500  will be delevered in the next few days   so i know what firmware  to install on it hopefuly 

Above is all the firmware that has been released. It is not standard practice to name a firmware version, there are too many iterations to do that. Unless I haven't been told which is unlikely then in short, there is no gold firmware, they're either mistaken or have made it up to be honest. 

• 9 months later...

I just wanted a bit more help  on my xr500

I was running the lastfirware i installed  from the auto upate firmware feature on the router   from around december last year 2021  i think

But i cant remember what fw it was 

All i know it was the latest fw at that time ithought it was a brilliant fw

So i just updated  my fw a few days ago to the latest fw  from a manual download  fw 2.3.2.134

But im having issues with the fw  my tp  taffic priortization isnt woring it wont load on gui it keeps pinning  /loading

Ive tried it with 4 difrent devices and factory reset after fw up date and rebooted loads of time

So can i go back to the previous fw   from december 2021 around it was i intsalled it

Please help

Alsoif possible could you post the link to the older fw here thanks

• Administrators

As above but the firmware was likely .130 https://kb.netgear.com/000064346/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-130 

On the System Information page, click the :menu icon on the Rapp Panel, set the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then access and see if it loads correctly

I tied your method fraser   i didnt work

I forgot to mention  when i click on cc  it says error can find  devices or no devices found 

It still sayd this error   first   then it wont load

Also i am gonna downgrade to older fw later today   can i update or downgrade my xr500  from my  samsung   tablet out of curioity

• Administrators

You'll need to downgrade then factory reset then re-upgrade and the error should be gone. You can do that yes, but we do recommend doing it from a PC/wired device. Just keep in mind it will disconnect you from WiFi and so if it doesn't appear like it's doing anything you will need to wait a few minutes then reconnect to the WiFi.

Ive downgraded to older fw   then i factory reset as well

The  problem is still there no tp  it just keepsnot   loading  

I also tried the  typing in 5 in the system installed apps still  not loading