Best setting for bullet reg call of duty vanguard

10 hours ago, Max2110 said:

Anyone have any netduma setting for consistent good bullet registration in call of duty?  

The community may have some input as to what works for them. Could you please first detail how you currently have QoS configured? Feel free to include screenshots if that's easier.

10 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

The community may have some input as to what works for them. Could you please first detail how you currently have QoS configured? Feel free to include screenshots if that's easier.

I have had the worst experience with my Xr500 that I just bought last week. I have done almost everything. I set congestion control to 70%(I had tried multiple other %) I set upnp on and off to test. I tried port fowarding and dmz. I tried prioritizing all call of duty ports which worked at first(I had the most amazing bullet reg) but from the second day after prioritizing the ports I had the worst bullet reg. I tried almost everything possible. My reg was amazing the first day using the xr500 and from the second day onwards just garbage. And don't get me started playing on ether net cable which makes me shoot marshmallows. Someone from the netduma team please advise me on what to do. I'm even willing to pay for someone to optimize my connection where u don't shoot first and die first. I'm a really good player with probably the fastest reaction time you would see(I'm not joking) I play on a 20+ sensivity on console with a controller. So no its not about skill it's about connection. I have a standard 3 ping to my isp and 27 ping in game to the call of duty servers

• Administrators

The in game ping you're getting is very good, what does the ping show on the Geo-Filter? Does it fluctuate at all - if so by how much? Do you get any packet loss or packet burst symbols? What is your exact physical setup e.g. modem/router model that the XR is connected to? 

A community member has posted what works for them, try that: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/37795-what-determines-hit-detection/?do=findComment&comment=323236

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The in game ping you're getting is very good, what does the ping show on the Geo-Filter? Does it fluctuate at all - if so by how much? Do you get any packet loss or packet burst symbols? What is your exact physical setup e.g. modem/router model that the XR is connected to? 

A community member has posted what works for them, try that: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/37795-what-determines-hit-detection/?do=findComment&comment=323236

My setup is 50mb download 25mb upload- modem>xr500(ping to isp is 3ms)my ping to the server is 15 in geo filter but I get 27-35 in game. I occasionally get packet burst. Sometimes in gunfights. My bufferbloat is A+ on dslreports

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the modem model exactly? Are ALL devices connected to the XR? Where abouts are you based and what server are you connecting to? How much is the ping fluctuating in a gun fight? 

Nokia modem given by the isp. It Flux to about 60ms in some gunfights. I'm in south Africa. We have a server in Cape Town. And yes all devices are connected to the XR. 

10 hours ago, Max2110 said:

Nokia modem given by the isp. It Flux to about 60ms in some gunfights. I'm in south Africa. We have a server in Cape Town. And yes all devices are connected to the XR. 

I spend R7000(in my currency is a lot of money, and even paid extra shipping for it to come from abroaf) for the xr500 thinking it will make a difference butt its non better than the regular routers when it comes to bullet reg. Really disappointed. I am even willing to pay someone to have it optimized 

OK thanks, have you followed the post Fraser mentioned earlier? Unfortunately it's often that case that each configuration works for some people and not for others. Hit registration is very hard to measure so it's hard to tell whether it's the configuration or whether you just missed a few shots. Have you experimented with forcing different servers in Geo-filter?

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK thanks, have you followed the post Fraser mentioned earlier? Unfortunately it's often that case that each configuration works for some people and not for others. Hit registration is very hard to measure so it's hard to tell whether it's the configuration or whether you just missed a few shots. Have you experimented with forcing different servers in Geo-filter?

Yes I have tried to tips Fraser linked me to but it doesn't work for me. Here's what's really interesting.. The first day of getting my xr500 I had amazing bullet reg. Then one night I reduced my mtu to 1340(many say its placebo) and I had the best bullet reg of my life for one game against players I normally find hard to kill. The next game it was back to having bad reg. In South Africa we have 1 server. As polite as I can be, the community needs to stop blaming bullet reg on "missing shots" I have been playing fps games for about 8 years. I know when there's a problem with my connection with all do respect. 

• Administrators

Have you slowed down your game play to see whether you're hitting every shot? You'd be surprised at how many miss when they look like they hit in real time. Other people have experimented with MTU as well to varying success, most did lower numbers so you could try doing that further. You're at a bit of a disadvantage really as you just have the one server. Is the Nokia modem a pure modem or does it have WiFi?

On 11/26/2021 at 5:53 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you slowed down your game play to see whether you're hitting every shot? You'd be surprised at how many miss when they look like they hit in real time. Other people have experimented with MTU as well to varying success, most did lower numbers so you could try doing that further. You're at a bit of a disadvantage really as you just have the one server. Is the Nokia modem a pure modem or does it have WiFi?

WiFi modem. I get quiet abit of random packet burst as of late.

Every day is different with cod. You might find something works one day then the next you're a second behind everyone else getting melted by everyone, wasting days trying to get a "good connection" again. Who knows wtf is going on with their servers, they're always changing things making it worse for some and better for others.

The server host they use are complete shit as well, in MW there was widespread issues of rubber banding/packetloss for over 1-2 months on a certain IP range. They had no idea because the host doesn't even monitor them otherwise they'd see that shit and not let it last 2 months. If I didn't send them an email with tests/timestamps etc who knows how long we'd have to suffer?

2 Days ago I had great bullet reg, I was finally able to get a V2. Since then it's been horrible and I'm getting weird micro stutters every game where my crosshair just yanks to the side at times. I didn't change anything on my end to cause this and my connection is fine, I have direct fibre

10 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Have you disabled the Wi-Fi on the Nokia? Is the XR running in the DMZ of the Nokia?

The wifi is deactivated on the Nokia. I am actually unable to login to the Nokia web interface because I think it's blocked by the isp, and I am unable to run dmz through it. I have open net in vanguard thou running dmz from my XR to console

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

The wifi is deactivated on the Nokia. I am actually unable to login to the Nokia web interface because I think it's blocked by the isp, and I am unable to run dmz through it. I have open net in vanguard thou running dmz from my XR to console

Ah okay good, that won't be negatively impacting you then as far as we can tell. Try the MTU suggestion, also prioritizing ports specifically has helped quite a few people

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah okay good, that won't be negatively impacting you then as far as we can tell. Try the MTU suggestion, also prioritizing ports specifically has helped quite a few people

Does anyone have any mtu suggestions that have made a positive impact in call of duty specifically? 

I'm guessing it'll be different depending on what type of connection you have? I've had the most consistency with default mtu. Also from my experience I leave traffic prio off, whenever I turn it on to experiment every match feels like the enemies are a second ahead of me, instantly damaging me when they appear on my screen.. it's like only they are prioritized lol. It was like this in CW as well for me but it worked in MW.

2 hours ago, johnnytran said:

I'm guessing it'll be different depending on what type of connection you have? I've had the most consistency with default mtu. Also from my experience I leave traffic prio off, whenever I turn it on to experiment every match feels like the enemies are a second ahead of me, instantly damaging me when they appear on my screen.. it's like only they are prioritized lol. It was like this in CW as well for me but it worked in MW.

What internet speed do u have? Are u playing on console or pc? And which region? 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Max2110 said:

Does anyone have any mtu suggestions that have made a positive impact in call of duty specifically? 

There are some comments on it from this post on wards that you can take a look at https://forum.netduma.com/topic/37104-warzone-lag-the-usual-shoot-first-die-first/?do=findComment&comment=319075

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

I tried 1000,900,780 etc and I get no internet access. All that loads is the router interface 

Where did you set the MTU exactly? Did you ensure you chose a value that doesn't cause fragmentation?