XR500 QoS does not regulate net speed

I haven't really been bothered by this much, but the QoS settings I have are both download/upload speeds to 80% giving me a 90+ down speed and 9+ up speed. I noticed that when on my PC the speeds do not reflect the settings. When downloading a game, it is download at the full bandwidth speed of my internet, not the 80% I have the QoS set to. I am wired. Is this an issue others are having?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fraser,

I m so sorry for responding so late, I did not get notified you had responded to my post. Since this post I have updated to the latest firmware, 2.3.2.130, and have factory reset. I have attached a pic of the QoS screen as requested. I am still having the QoS issue. Thanks again!Screenshot_(2).thumb.png.018242fe1b3c15c9fbb22ddbf08ea798.png

I have not done any customization to the traffic controller. The only personalized or customized changes I've made is the QoS. No special permissions or restrictions to any devices. I don't have access to my PC while I'm writing this, but if you still need the traffic controller screen I can do it later tonight. But like I said, I haven't done any other customization but to the QoS. 

I attached a screen shot as requested and like I said, I have not done any personalization or rules as far as traffic of devices goes. I am pretty sure I am not using PPPoE as I do not know what that is for and not using a VLAN either. I am using a static DHCP, not using my providers and using IPv4. 

Screenshot_(3).png

• Administrators

There are a lot of packets there being prioritized, that could have something to do with it but it's hard to see due to the dual monitor, can you upload another without that and also the rest of the QoS page as well as the System Information page please (can omit the WAN IP if its your public IP)

I am not sure what more of the QoS page you are wanting. What is the rest of the page you are referring to? And what part of the system information page did you want? When I click the settings tab there are multiple options to choose. The first page it directs to is the Internet Setup. I do not want to keep sending screen shots of info you don't need. Thank you again.

7 hours ago, jmoorect1979 said:

I am not sure what more of the QoS page you are wanting. What is the rest of the page you are referring to? And what part of the system information page did you want? When I click the settings tab there are multiple options to choose. The first page it directs to is the Internet Setup. I do not want to keep sending screen shots of info you don't need. Thank you again.

Can you essentially repeat the screenshots you've done so far but just of one monitor. The other monitor that's blank is making the values in DumaOS unreadable and difficult for us to troubleshoot? Can you also take a full page screenshot of System Information please (you can hide the WAN IP if its your public IP).

• Administrators
4 hours ago, jmoorect1979 said:

I have out in a different DNS than what my ISP gave. DNS is what I meant, not DHCP, sorry about that 

Could you re-enable the ISP DNS and see whether the speed returns please? I've seen that happen before.

I'm not having a problem with speeds, I'm having a problem with the QoS not regulating the bandwidth to the settings I made. My PC is receiving the 100% bandwidth instead of the set 80% when I download anything. How would the DNS affect that?

9 hours ago, jmoorect1979 said:

I am the only one who uses a PC for gaming so I'm not sure if other devices get the correct speeds. My consoles are affected properly. Why would my consoles be affected by the QoS but not me PC?

If you disable the DumaOS classified games rule, does your PC adhere to the limitations? Perhaps the PC's traffic is getting picked up by that rule for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...