Netgear and DumaOS Explained

I think its time across both forums respectfully the partnership between both sides gets put up for all to read and get a better understanding of all the workings and politics that tend to keep things tied up in the fodder. I see all manner of intellect that has come through the doors on both sides. Regardless of degrees and novice experience individual perspectives are to be respected and met on common ground. What seems simple and straight forward for some without knowing the politics within the partnership or "marriage"  between both companies is in for what appears to be nothing but wall after wall of headaches and feeling on the consumer side of not being cared for as a top priority.  Both sides do address issues but in different order or if hand in hand Netgear has always taken forever to push updates out. Anyone with history from the last 15 years should know this as common place. Personally even though I know this I still bite and purchased the XR500. I have my own list of hiccups that need to be ironed out. I have my game console and my three sons are well into the teenage years of their lives and thats a total of four consoles as well as everything wired and wireless on my local network. I have also seen consumers with 20 plus connections and a knowledge base on networking that is well above everyones pay grade here. 

It all boils down to understanding where everyone is coming from to get clarity on why things are the way they are. Personally I blame NETGEAR for the pace things are going.  BUT if I look at the R1 or R2 routers I would have to imagine they are not partnered to an outside company and all the bells and whistles that are in the woodwork should be well ahead of these available for Netgear hardware, unless there is something in the Netgear "contract" that is stepping on the toes of lets say DumaOS 4.0 for example. 

I have come and gone back to my ISP provided hardware several times over the YEARS and even with this last firmware round as of this posting believe it or not I'm tempted on getting an R2 just to see if my few personal issues get ironed out. At this point anyone reading this would say I am crazy and I should not continue to support both sides but I have faith things will shape up better moving forward into the future. Netgear is juggling many devices and it took a bite into the gaming world and probably didn't expect so much backlash from consumers on hardware with there badge on it but with the SOUL of gamers within the SOFTWARE.

Please feel free to go on over to NETGEAR and see how things are going on over there. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-routers 

As you can see the NetDuma Team also tries their best to help out over on that board as well.

Take care everyone on both sides of the pond.

GG

• Administrators

Funny you should mention this, we'll actually be posting very soon explaining what the process is like, why it takes as long as it does etc and why it won't in the future to give people a bit of insight into what is happening. Thank you for your support and your continued faith in us, we won't let you down!