Qos not working

Jakerod12

So here are a few more tests.

No downloads
Auto detected my speeds via netduma and got 70mbps (Like i said)
Small pingplotter test (Brothers not downloading and its Waaaaaaaay better than before.

auto detect.PNG

connection test.PNG

no spikes pingplotter.PNG

7 hours ago, Jakerod12 said:

My internet goes mental (Only when theres a big download happening)

Could you look at Frasers post above and confirm that please.

I looked at youview which I’m guessing your family use. It states for BT customers a min of 44mbps is required. That means when they are using this service and say they are watching 4K they could be using over 44mbps. If you start a download and that was maxing out at your old setting you are suffering congestion as there’s not enough throughput for all the services running off your line. 
I watched some Apple TV last night and that would jump above 40mbps, not constant but in sections.I don’t know what the max throughput BT TV uses but when they are using the TV that is going to be a problem for you as your Duma router is not able to control congestion fully.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Good suggestion above, also check Network Monitor when it is downloading, is it using all of the available bandwidth i.e. what Congestion Control has limited it to or is it surpassing that? 

In network monitor, it can use anywhere up to 40mbps consistently.
May drop down a bit every so often.
On CC ive put it to 70% so it gives me 49mbps to work with, lets say he takes 40mbps for the downloads ive got 9mb for the rest of the household.
Sharing that out is a nightmare and makes my gameplay awful sort of speak.
The issues arise only when theres a huge download happening nothing else that im aware of.

8 hours ago, Newfie said:

Could you look at Frasers post above and confirm that please.

I looked at youview which I’m guessing your family use. It states for BT customers a min of 44mbps is required. That means when they are using this service and say they are watching 4K they could be using over 44mbps. If you start a download and that was maxing out at your old setting you are suffering congestion as there’s not enough throughput for all the services running off your line. 
I watched some Apple TV last night and that would jump above 40mbps, not constant but in sections.I don’t know what the max throughput BT TV uses but when they are using the TV that is going to be a problem for you as your Duma router is not able to control congestion fully.

Theres not work around this as the BT Youview thing is only compatible with a BT router, i check this by connecting EVERYTHING to the Duma the channels done work on the TV

• Administrators

I think your best bet is to experiment with the Congestion Control percentages to find what works best when that console is downloading, it could be higher or lower. What Newfie has mentioned won't be helping either but as you said no way around that.

29 minutes ago, Jakerod12 said:

In network monitor, it can use anywhere up to 40mbps consistently.
May drop down a bit every so often.
On CC ive put it to 70% so it gives me 49mbps to work with, lets say he takes 40mbps for the downloads ive got 9mb for the rest of the household.
Sharing that out is a nightmare and makes my gameplay awful sort of speak.
The issues arise only when theres a huge download happening nothing else that im aware of.

Theres not work around this as the BT Youview thing is only compatible with a BT router, i check this by connecting EVERYTHING to the Duma the channels done work on the TV

That’s the problem with the BT tv service. Your issue is you have set up the router for your connection rates that follow what your isp gives you but unfortunately it’s struggling as there are services being used that’s beyond its ability to control. If you had control over the tv with Duma you would have better performance. 
its not that you have 9mb left, it’s the issue only part of your network has QoS applied to it and the QoS is trying to control what you have dialled in but your connection is not what you set UL and DL as it’s being used by BT tv. 

You've posted in the past about the same issue and it’s baffled those that helped but back then no one knew there were services running on the BT router. Sadly QoS on any router requires that all devices are connected for it to work effectively.