Qos not working

Jakerod12

Hi
I am having the same issues whatever router i seem to use where someone in my house will download something on there console and qos will do nothing.
Basically useless, where the ping spikes go crazy and i use pingplotter and the spikes are all over the place.

Call of Duty literally seems impossible to play whilst there is a download on.

• Administrators

Try it with the BT hub with any other router disconnected from it and normal amount of devices connected to the hub and see if it happens.

When another router is connected have you got the BT hub WiFi disabled, in bridge mode or another router in its DMZ?

is this when someone else is watching Netflix or twitch for example?

Theres a large issue that BT users suffer with as well as it’s sister companies and BT finally recognised the issue and just before covid they were going to push a fix out but you still see complaints on their forum. 
Just wanted to mention it as it’s a known issue and might be what you are seeing.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try it with the BT hub with any other router disconnected from it and normal amount of devices connected to the hub and see if it happens.

When another router is connected have you got the BT hub WiFi disabled, in bridge mode or another router in its DMZ?

That would cause a bit of a hassle with everyone at the moment so im gonna have to try later tonight.
BT Hub has wifi disabled, Netduma is in BTs DMZ.

2 minutes ago, Newfie said:

is this when someone else is watching Netflix or twitch for example?

Theres a large issue that BT users suffer with as well as it’s sister companies and BT finally recognised the issue and just before covid they were going to push a fix out but you still see complaints on their forum. 
Just wanted to mention it as it’s a known issue.

Havent really noticed anything when someones watching something its just when there a download of some sort like a Game update on brothers Xbox.
Ping spikes all over, bullet reg off,
They literally take up 100% of the 70mbps i have so i cant do anything.

48 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Could you post a picture of PingPlotter showing it, that will help to show what’s going on.

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is your brothers Xbox using a preview/beta build for the Xbox software i.e. is he an insider? 

Nope

Capture 7.PNG

49 minutes ago, Jakerod12 said:

The ping test is still going and i literally just got this, this second 

Capture.PNG

That looks like a speed test. I noticed your other photo below shows the upload at max which looking at that PingPlotter result matches. If you did set your upload to 18 which is your max you will see that spike. 

Have you been turning the BT router on and off a few times?

13 minutes ago, Newfie said:

That looks like a speed test. I noticed your other photo below shows the upload at max which looking at that PingPlotter result matches. If you did set your upload to 18 which is your max you will see that spike. 

Have you been turning the BT router on and off a few times?

What do you mean set upload to 18?
Thats what i pay for??

2 minutes ago, Jakerod12 said:

What do you mean set upload to 18?
Thats what i pay for??

Your test shows you have limited your download but it’s showing 18 which is the max you can get. Did you run the test with max upload set?

how many times have you turned the BT router off?