Qos not working

Jakerod12

2 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Your test shows you have limited your download but it’s showing 18 which is the max you can get. Did you run the test with max upload set?

how many times have you turned the BT router off?

Where does it show this?

I havent turned it off any times because this doesnt do anything.
If he was to download again it will do the exact same thing

Thanks. Don’t worry about the bursting but your download is well below the 70 you set. I saw it was only 36 in the other photo. 

should you be getting 70mbps?

sorry just read your first comment, ah you are testing when he’s downloading, that’s what was throwing me but the pic you just posted is showing a low download after he finished downloading.

5 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Thanks. Don’t worry about the bursting but your download is well below the 70 you set. I saw it was only 36 in the other photo. 

should you be getting 70mbps?

Thats what im on about

Its broke it goes waaaaaay below 70 when my brother is downloading and its messes my internet up.
I do get 70 all the time.
Its literally broken, my internet is messed.
Qos doesnt work for me.

As soon as there is a huge download my internet messes up

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're paying for 70 but don't usually get it and that's what you've set QoS to then it won't be as effective at eliminating lag. From the ISP modem/router what speeds do you get?

I will literally screenshot what i get

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're paying for 70 but don't usually get it and that's what you've set QoS to then it won't be as effective at eliminating lag. From the ISP modem/router what speeds do you get?

Capture 5.PNG

When he’s downloading your speed tests will be lower as he’s using a chunk of your connection so it will never read 70mbps. 

Am I right in saying you have always suffered this issue regardless of what Duma router you have?

5 minutes ago, Newfie said:

When he’s downloading your speed tests will be lower as he’s using a chunk of your connection so it will never read 70mbps. 

Am I right in saying you have always suffered this issue regardless of what Duma router you have?

Ever since CoD Black Ops 3 id say.

But even if he is using a chunk, my internet/ping and jitter and what ever else goes all over the place with Qos on.
My Ps5 is Prioritised and its over ruling the QOS Rules 

Couple of things.

The BT homehub is a pain, I’ve not used one for years but I see BTFon is active on yours. That’s where other BT users can connect and something to consider. 

Have you thought about using a modem instead of the homehub? You must be close to your cabinet as you are almost maxed out on the VDSL. The issue could well be your BT router as I noticed hop 2 showed a small latency increase on your first photo and what looked like a disconnection rather than packet lose. You could try a second hand HG612 or try a Vigor 130 from Amazon which you can return if it fails to make a difference.

I’m BT and have always used a separate modem because the BT supplied routers are nothing but hassle with third party routers and I don’t particularly like BTFon. That’s the next step really to see if that helps.

when you look at the forums there’s very little in the way of QoS issues so there’s something unique about yours which leads to the BT router. 

3 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Couple of things.

The BT homehub is a pain, I’ve not used one for years but I see BTFon is active on yours. That’s where other BT users can connect and something to consider. 

Have you thought about using a modem instead of the homehub? You must be close to your cabinet as you are almost maxed out on the VDSL. The issue could well be your BT router as I noticed hop 2 showed a small latency increase on your first photo and what looked like a disconnection rather than packet lose. You could try a second hand HG612 or try a Vigor 130 from Amazon which you can return if it fails to make a difference.

I’m BT and have always used a separate modem because the BT supplied routers are nothing but hassle with third party routers and I don’t particularly like BTFon. That’s the next step really to see if that helps.

when you look at the forums there’s very little in the way of QoS issues so there’s something unique about yours which leads to the BT router. 

The issue is, my family have the package that has to use something for the TV.
Like with a Modem they cant watch tv if you know what i mean?

4 minutes ago, Jakerod12 said:

The issue is, my family have the package that has to use something for the TV.
Like with a Modem they cant watch tv if you know what i mean?

So they are connecting to the BT router?

@Jakerod12 It sounds like your modem/router might have a Puma 6 or 7 chipset in it.  Those are known to cause huge latency spikes when downloading files.  I would check the modem that is provided and see if that's what it has.  If it does maybe check with your provider and see if you can get it switched out. 

Just now, Forrestbear said:

@Jakerod12 It sounds like your modem/router might have a Puma 6 or 7 chipset in it.  Those are known to cause huge latency spikes when downloading files.  I would check the modem that is provided and see if that's what it has.  If it does maybe check with your provider and see if you can get it switched out. 

No that’s Virgin not BT. There’s no puma chip in BT routers.

Just now, Jakerod12 said:

Yes otherwise they cant watch certain channels?

Ok thanks. QoS is really designed to control the whole network, by having devices in front of the QoS you will get issues as you can’t control the devices watching TV in your case. You’ve set the QoS up to your isp rates but your family can be using a part of that as they stream tv so it’s not going to work as intended. 
This is why you may well be seeing poor results. 

8 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Ok thanks. QoS is really designed to control the whole network, by having devices in front of the QoS you will get issues as you can’t control the devices watching TV in your case. You’ve set the QoS up to your isp rates but your family can be using a part of that as they stream tv so it’s not going to work as intended. 
This is why you may well be seeing poor results. 

My whole issue at the start was my brothers Xbox downloading and it taking all the internet which he is connected to my R2.
As soon as he downloads nobody has internet almost 

17 minutes ago, Jakerod12 said:

My whole issue at the start was my brothers Xbox downloading and it taking all the internet which he is connected to my R2.
As soon as he downloads nobody has internet almost 

Try this, set under congestion control download 30, upload 10 and see what happens with QoS on always.