Geo-Filter and Double NAT

somewhatgoodish

Hi - Having an issue where the Geo-Filter screen is entirely blank, with no icons whatsoever, no Allow and Deny information, and no Auto-Ping information. This briefly changes when I load up Warzone - I see a good handful of Servers and Players only during the "Connecting to Xbox Live Server" screen, and all Server and Player icons dissipate after loading into the main lobby screen. This doesn't change whether I delete and re-add the Xbox, or when I enter and exit Spectating/Polygon/Geo-Filtering mode, and I'm unable to Resync Cloud manually ("Rapp is taking longer than usual" every time). My current NAT type is moderate, and I've tried extensively to change this - I have my Xbox IP in DumaOS' DMZ, and I'm forwarding all necessary ports. Occasionally a singular Server in Texas will appear for about five seconds. I'm at a loss - any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It won't show anything in allow/deny unless you manually add something there - you do not need to do this for the blocking of servers on the Geo-Filter. It sounds like it is working correctly, when you search for a game/get into a game you should see the server you're on and auto ping will populate with information - does this happen? When you resync the cloud wait 1 minute when that message appears and it will have applied.

It's quite possible the reading on the game is a misreading, the Geo-Filter can sometimes cause this. Disable it before booting up the game, does it appear open? If so you can re-enable the filter and ignore the reading. What does the console NAT status say?

Hey Fraser, thanks!

Understood - So I can connect to a game and auto ping will populate, but only to one server that semi-consistently appears in Illinois, and the wait is a good minute or two. If I place the geo-filter anywhere else, it won't find a server, seemingly no matter how large the circle. On my ping Heatmap under Warzone there is also zero information that populates after running the report - I do get ping information for Cold War. I was just able to change my modem into bridge mode, I didn't realize that was an issue, and now my NAT is open. Any ideas on how to populate those other server locations so I can find alternate connections?

Hey Fraser, as a follow-up, I've since mapped polygon shapes around servers that appear when I'm booting up the game. However, when I attempt to connect to a match I'll enter a lobby as the singular player and then get immediately kicked during that lobby-fill wait time.