Geofiltre SBMM Multiplayer COD

Fuzy

Question:
Has anyone noticed that SBMM is only present on dedicated servers in multiplayer?
When I remove the geofilter, I come across "peer" servers sometimes with very bad players ... and sometimes unplayable!
On dedicated servers it's always the same ... To believe that the geofilter only blocks the dedicated servers which are at the mercy of the COD script!

I live in Poland and often on a dedicated server in cod cold war are jams, trimming in the game  so I do not play on a dedicated to evaluate it , my only nuke stuck in cod just on the connection peer ,but as you say on the connection peer are matches easy and sometimes un winnable

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The peer servers will be misclassified and will actually be servers 

image.thumb.png.32f8e4f02f79c0d742cef00bc264fce7.png

Just to clarify the matter! Why do some (dedicated) servers appear as peer and others as dedicated!

What is the explanation?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Fuzy said:

Just to clarify the matter! Why do some (dedicated) servers appear as peer and others as dedicated!

What is the explanation?

No specific reasoning for it, they just haven't been classified as dedicated - they change there servers often which is why we're having trouble with heatmap so this will be part of it, as you can see there it is showing more peers than usual because of this.

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

if i understand this correctly the heatping map can only show dedicated servers. you need to be connected to a P2P for that to pop up on the geo filter right?

Ping Heatmap will only show servers yes, if a game uses P2P then those peers will only appear on the Geo-Filter

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ping Heatmap will only show servers yes, if a game uses P2P then those peers will only appear on the Geo-Filter

That's what i thought, I dont under stand why people are so stuck on this whole heatping thing lol maybe take it out of the next build 

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

That's what i thought, I dont under stand why people are so stuck on this whole heatping thing lol maybe take it out of the next build 

It's definitely a useful feature so we won't be taking it out, we can get it sorted with a cloud update but it definitely doesn't impact your ability to Geo-Filter in anyway so the main functionality is still working

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's definitely a useful feature so we won't be taking it out, we can get it sorted with a cloud update but it definitely doesn't impact your ability to Geo-Filter in anyway so the main functionality is still working

i know i was being sarcastic... to who ever can not get heatping to load just look at your geo filter when you start your game, it will show you all the servers that are online 👍

On 10/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

No specific reasoning for it, they just haven't been classified as dedicated - they change there servers often which is why we're having trouble with heatmap so this will be part of it, as you can see there it is showing more peers than usual because of this.

Not positive but I believe COD multiplayer still supports peer connections. Warzone is dedicated only if I am not mistaken. :) 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, zman1156 said:

Not positive but I believe COD multiplayer still supports peer connections. Warzone is dedicated only if I am not mistaken. :) 

I mean that because they are changing their servers often there are quite a lot of dedicated servers appearing as peers because we haven't classified them

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I mean that because they are changing their servers often there are quite a lot of dedicated servers appearing as peers because we haven't classified them

He is some what right

23 minutes ago, zman1156 said:

so P2P is only when cross play is disabled, If cross play is enabled then you are on a dedicated server. Only way for 3 different networks to interact with each other

I'm on PS5 with XR1000. Since season 6, I've tested cold war in any possible way:)

Regardless... if geo filter or cross are on or off, in any combination. I'm getting plenty of P2P games.

In fact way...more peer games than before. I'm assuming, the dedicated ones are getting ready for incoming Vanguard.

My best gaming experience at this time is on 60-70ms connection. Anything below or above this ping is unplayable.

On 10/22/2021 at 11:11 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

He is some what right

so P2P is only when cross play is disabled, If cross play is enabled then you are on a dedicated server. Only way for 3 different networks to interact with each other

I'm not sure about any of that but you may be right i know that multiplayer has dedicated and so does warzone and at times during multiplayer it will be peer to peer but most of the time everything tends to be dedicated unless you have your geofilter set to force peer to peer for multiplayer.

On 10/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes i see what you mean. Was just talking about peer to peer if its in multiplayer it is possible but most of the time the system tends to try to force you on a dedicated server for multiplayer because sbmm tends to go out the window on peer to peer multiplayer connections. Warzone is dedicated only though for the sbmm and i dont think peer to peer is possible for warzone. that would be horrible. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2021 at 5:03 PM, zman1156 said:

I'm not sure about any of that but you may be right i know that multiplayer has dedicated and so does warzone and at times during multiplayer it will be peer to peer but most of the time everything tends to be dedicated unless you have your geofilter set to force peer to peer for multiplayer.

it's super simple...

warzone or multiplayer cross play enable = dedicated

warzone cross play off (PC and Playstation only) = dedicated

multiplayer cross play off (PC  only, Playstation only, Xbox only) = P2P

Sometime when you have crossplay enabled there are times that get a all xbox lobby or all pc lobby or all playstation lobby then that lobby would be p2p, but if anyone in the lobby is on a different platform then its a dedicated server

hope this helps