Few Issues

Hi, me again!

So remember (i imagine not with all peeps on here ha) but when i was updating firmware and it wouldnt connect my devices on latest firmware but would on the older.... i found the fix it was i had to change my username and reconnect everything so before it was Marsden. Now MarsdenHome and it works now on latest software. That just for your info to help if your having the same issues... here are the issues i need fixing or advise on..

1) I have my PC ip set, I have it as a ps4 in device type, i have it set as priority in QoS. But when i lower my internet for 'games' to say 1% it dosent do it. The speeds i am getting are for everything else. So the 1st phot games is set to 1% giving speed of 0.4... when i load warzone and in game and run a speed test, the speeds given are the 12% ones. Does anyone know why or what i am doimg wrong here?

2) On geofilter i have read that if you put your circle in the sea and set the ping assist to 30ms it should get you into closer lobbies etc. Previously i have had this work fine, but now it will load me into a game and them randomly disconnect me from the game mid game.. anyonr know why? Or what to change to solve this? 

Cheers all

20210914_193755.jpg

• Administrators

That's a very odd one, not sure why that was the case but thank you for letting us know! It might have been more the fact of disconnecting everything and reconnecting that did it but we'll definitely keep that in mind.

1. Where are you running the speedtest exactly, speedtest.net through a web browser?

2. There is most likely something being blocked causing that to happen, most likely what is occurring is that the host of the game is changing midway through and the new host exceeds your Ping Assist limit so in a way it's working but that's not great. I'd suggest seeing where you normally get Ping Assisted games and set your location/radius there and see if the issue is resolved.

Its as if the QoS isnt working properly to my Gaming PC.

So instead of application I changed it to Device to check. Lowered Gaming PC to 0.5 upload and 3 download. Everything else was 11 Download and 1.0 Upload. Ran a speed test on speedtest.net and my gaming PC is 11 down and 1 up... So its matching everything else at 3% on the sliders and not my gaming PC on 1% share. 

I have the PC set as a console, it is also in priority on QoS at the bottom etc. Unsure what's going on here really. Its worked before but just stopped working this time round after resetting the router. 

Weird! 

Untitled.jpg

@Netduma Fraser Sorry i have nothing to add to this thread but i was just wondering why every reply from Fraser is all white,even the text. i have changed the theme to default and then back to dark. 

Link below for reference

https://imgur.com/JVHc7rb

Little update: Its actually all admins on the forums. Do you guys have different colour/themes set?

3 hours ago, Dialatech said:

@Netduma Fraser Sorry i have nothing to add to this thread but i was just wondering why every reply from Fraser is all white,even the text. i have changed the theme to default and then back to dark. 

Link below for reference

https://imgur.com/JVHc7rb

Little update: Its actually all admins on the forums. Do you guys have different colour/themes set?

I think Fraser uses the Dark theme so that may be related? Are you able to see my text OK?

38 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

I think Fraser uses the Dark theme so that may be related? Are you able to see my text OK?

No same issue with all of the Netduma admin team. 

I use the Dark theme aswell,

52 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

I think it must be because the platform we use for the forum recently pushed an update whereby admins comments are highlighted, but that doesn't appear to have translated well to Dark mode.

Yeah ive changed to default and it can see all your replies now... But i hate using default.. DARK MODE FTW!

• Administrators
On 9/21/2021 at 2:36 PM, Dialatech said:

Yeah ive changed to default and it can see all your replies now... But i hate using default.. DARK MODE FTW!

Literally the same, I was on Dark mode too and had to switch to default to see my own replies! 😭

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Literally the same, I was on Dark mode too and had to switch to default to see my own replies! 😭

😂 I hate default mode ...We need dark mode to work..Get them told