Router won't connect to internet

kenny Reel

57 minutes ago, kenny Reel said:

i tried what u told me to do an its still the same thing brotha

Could you please completely disable QoS from the three-line menu in Congestion Control and let me know if the speeds increase then? If you do a speedtest through speedtest.net, what speeds do you see there?

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please completely disable QoS from the three-line menu in Congestion Control and let me know if the speeds increase then? If you do a speedtest through speedtest.net, what speeds do you see there?

My QoS has been disabled brotha 

• Administrators

Could you enable remote support in WAN Settings, disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN, make sure the ISP modem is in modem/bridge mode or the R2 is in its DMZ please and let us know when you've done that? I'll get a dev to connect tomorrow and see if they can figure it out

On 9/15/2021 at 1:33 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you enable remote support in WAN Settings, disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN, make sure the ISP modem is in modem/bridge mode or the R2 is in its DMZ please and let us know when you've done that? I'll get a dev to connect tomorrow and see if they can figure it out

yessir sorry just seeing this now

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please create a new topic for your issue so we can help you there.

I solved my problem by disabling QoS but when I do that the benchmark results make no sense. It's like it doesn't know what to benchmark if it can't use the bandwith you gave it in QoS.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, pheroux said:

I solved my problem by disabling QoS but when I do that the benchmark results make no sense. It's like it doesn't know what to benchmark if it can't use the bandwith you gave it in QoS.

What do you mean they make no sense? Can you provide a screenshot?The speed part is unaffected by QoS and the Ping Test and Ping Under Load can run without QoS enabled.

2 hours ago, kenny Reel said:

Can u get an update pls 

They've said that everything looks fine in terms of hardware, but they too can see that the WAN port is limited to 100mbps.

Not to be rude, but are we certain that the cable currently connected from the R2 to the modem has been tested and we know it's good? Can you unplug it from the R2 WAN port, then plug that into your computer and do a speedtest?

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

They've said that everything looks fine in terms of hardware, but they too can see that the WAN port is limited to 100mbps.

Not to be rude, but are we certain that the cable currently connected from the R2 to the modem has been tested and we know it's good? Can you unplug it from the R2 WAN port, then plug that into your computer and do a speedtest?

I’ve done that already an it gets my full speeds when it’s from my modem to pc. Done that plenty of times already an even bought some really good Ethernet cables as well. I’ve tried over 10 cables so far an all of them get the same results 

On 9/22/2021 at 4:06 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean they make no sense? Can you provide a screenshot?The speed part is unaffected by QoS and the Ping Test and Ping Under Load can run without QoS enabled.

Please find attached pictures.

• netduma benchmark vs. my isp speed test

How can my speed be rated "D" when I clearly get 800+ mbps with my isp speed test?

netduma benchmark.png

isp speed test.png