Router won't connect to internet

kenny Reel

So my isp came out today cause i wasn't getting my full speeds an it was just a cable issue but the guy replaced the modem instead an before he did that both my modem an router was perfectly fine just not gettting the speeds cause of a faulty cable but he decided to replace the modem an when he did that an plugged it into the router all the sudden the router can't connect to the internet but when i plug it from my modem to PC there is internet, i tried rebooting the router a few times, i even factory reset it an still won't connect to the internet, so i have no clue whats going on, the guy did more harm than good it seems when it was just a faulty ethernet cable that i literally told him that needed to be replaced so if someone could help me figure out why it won't connect that would be amazing

• Administrators

Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, while you're doing that reboot the modem, plug in the R2, wait 2 minutes then connect and access the interface, see if you have internet. If not check the WAN IP on the System Information page and see if it has one

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem that you now have?

hitron e31n2v1 but under the modem it says En2251 but the thing is i had the same modem it got installed last week but i wasnt getting my full speeds an i found out it was an ethernet cable an i told the tech that an he ended up just replacing the modem with the exact same model but not it isn't connecting to the router its making no sense 

• Administrators

Are you able to access the modem interface? If so I don't think there are many options you can change but there is one called Energy Efficient Ethernet I believe, disable that then reboot the R2 and see if you get internet

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you able to access the modem interface? If so I don't think there are many options you can change but there is one called Energy Efficient Ethernet I believe, disable that then reboot the R2 and see if you get internet

yes i can get on the interface, theyre sending another technichian out here tomorrow to get it figured out when i just called them it won't even read the routers mac address they said

10 hours ago, kenny Reel said:

i think the router needs switched out the tech came out here an it still won't connect to the internet

Could you please go to Device Manager and in the three-line menu in the top left of the Device Map, please switch to table view. Could you then please take a screenshot of the top table and send it over?

On 9/9/2021 at 5:58 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please go to Device Manager and in the three-line menu in the top left of the Device Map, please switch to table view. Could you then please take a screenshot of the top table and send it over?

but it still says wan disconnected an wont connect to anything

dumarouter.png

• Administrators

Showing it as connected to the modem there so they recognize each other - the cable is limited to 100Mbps so I would recommend you switch that out otherwise any device connected to the R2 would be restricted to that speed. Can you provide a screenshot of the System Information page please?

Also can you do a Connection Benchmark test and post the results?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Showing it as connected to the modem there so they recognize each other - the cable is limited to 100Mbps so I would recommend you switch that out otherwise any device connected to the R2 would be restricted to that speed. Can you provide a screenshot of the System Information page please?

It’ says that but it’s not recognizing each other. It says WAN IP disconnected, when I have the Ethernet also plugged in from my router to PC it says no internet access also with not letting my house have wifi. When I called spectrum tech they even told me it’s not reading the modem 

Also won’t do a connection benchmark as it isn’t getting internet 

systeminfo.png

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you grab a copy of the log file, click the :menu icon top left of the log panel on the System Information page, download it and upload it here please?

So when the tech came he told me it was my router even though it was working when he first got here that morning so i just went an bought an arris surfboard sb8200 an now my wifi is working which is what i told the ISP it was there modem that was messing up an not connecting but its still not letting me get my full speeds like it once was last week now im getting 100 speed thru the router but if im connected just to the modem i got my 400/20 can someone help me with that both ethernet cables are Cat 6

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear that! So as mentioned, whatever cable you're using to connect the R2 to the modem is limited to 100Mbps. If it's Cat 6 then it may be faulty and you should replace it with another, then it should be resolved.

They’re both brand new cables an both of them

from the modem to pc are getting 400/20 so they’re working perfectly fine