Xr1000 1.0.0.58 / 1.0.44

I've actually factory reset it, and cleared the cache in my browser...it's still performing terribly. 

To put it into perspective...

I have a gigabit service plan, and I was getting no more than 90mbps down/ 16 mbps up.

Eventually I tried straight to my modem and now I'm at full speed.

This router has been giving me issues for a while now 

12 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, in that case it may be worth downgrading back to the firmware you were on previously. Netgear are aware that there are some issues with the latest firmware so they'll be working on a fix for that.

How do I do this? Do you have a direct link?

15 minutes ago, Gunethical said:

How do I do this? Do you have a direct link?

This is the one you were on previously:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/xr1000.aspx#Firmware Version 1.0.0.52

Download that then go to the Settings page in DumaOS, you can upload the firmware under 'Administration'. I'd also suggest factory resetting afterwards.

should you always do a factory reset after a firmware update? 

I'm using IP passthrough so would I need to reset the modem as well and enable IP passthrough again or just reset the XR1000 and leave the modem alone?

I notice traffic prioritization using games console and my LAN is not working anymore on my PC when playing Warzone. I just played for a hour and only 20 prioritized download and 30 prioritized upload, Pretty sure that should be a lot higher if I'm correct. 

I notice In the UPnP settings in DUMAOS it's not turned on anymore and when you try and turn it back on it won't stick after applying the settings

Screenshot (64).png

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Kwee said:

I notice traffic prioritization using games console and my LAN is not working anymore on my PC when playing Warzone. I just played for a hour and only 20 prioritized download and 30 prioritized upload, Pretty sure that should be a lot higher if I'm correct. 

I notice In the UPnP settings in DUMAOS it's not turned on anymore and when you try and turn it back on it won't stick after applying the settings

Screenshot (64).png

How did you add it to Traffic Prio, did you select the Gaming/Voice option? If you did are you playing on WiFi? If not then you'll need to select the normal option. You can also enable the Apply to WAN option. See if it works better then. We've made Netgear aware of the UPnP issue - I believe it is actually enabled as it is by default and you're getting an active port table there saying that port has been opened by UPnP.

I did select gaming/voice and I'm on a LAN not wifi. So it's better to apply to WAN when setting that up? I never knew that always selected gaming/voice and that was it. what's the difference?

Also I think my problem was I had a  Address Reservation for a old LAN saved and I DELETED it and everything came back on.

So it's just a bug with the UPnP Where it wont turn off or on?

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Kwee said:

I did select gaming/voice and I'm on a LAN not wifi. So it's better to apply to WAN when setting that up? I never knew that always selected gaming/voice and that was it. what's the difference?

Also I think my problem was I had a  Address Reservation for a old LAN saved and I DELETED it and everything came back on.

Okay so switch Gaming/Voice to Normal when playing on LAN. Apply to WAN is optional but it can have give a slight benefit if your ISP supports tags. Gaming/Voice is QoS for WiFi basically. 

Yes that's right, I do believe it is on though so no need to worry about that, its purely aesthetic.

Do you even need to use Traffic Prioritization if uPnP is opening the port for warzone?

seems pointless to have both open at the same time.

I just notice the speed test in connection benchmark is showing full speeds  now after the update. I remember it would always give random upload and download speeds before the update. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Kwee said:

Do you even need to use Traffic Prioritization if uPnP is opening the port for warzone?

seems pointless to have both open at the same time.

I just notice the speed test in connection benchmark is showing full speeds  now after the update. I remember it would always give random upload and download speeds before the update. 

It's recommended to use both, port forwarding opens the port so you and the game can communicate properly but other than that has no effect on connection quality. Traffic Prioritization prioritizes the traffic over everything else on the network, therefore increasing your connection quality.

Glad to hear that!

On 8/28/2021 at 9:29 AM, Kwee said:

I noticed that same issue with the upnp box not ticked. One way to tell is if it's enabled is to check the box and click apply button, if the router does not reboot its enabled. Also by seeing your console on the upnp screen is another indicator that's upnp is working. 

I've always left it like this...but I have major packet burst issues at times...what are the optimal packet prio settings for me if my pc is the only device that needed priority for gaming?

Or what do you suggest?

packet prio.png

7 hours ago, Gunethical said:

I've always left it like this...but I have major packet burst issues at times...what are the optimal packet prio settings for me if my pc is the only device that needed priority for gaming?

Or what do you suggest?

I've responded to the new topic you've created for this issue. 

On 8/30/2021 at 12:13 PM, XSXS said:

I noticed that same issue with the upnp box not ticked. One way to tell is if it's enabled is to check the box and click apply button, if the router does not reboot its enabled. Also by seeing your console on the upnp screen is another indicator that's upnp is working. 

I just hit apply and the router rebooted

On 9/5/2021 at 9:28 AM, Kwee said:

I just hit apply and the router rebooted

Most like upnp was not enabled then. If you check the upnp box again and hit apply does your router reboot?

mine doesn’t however if I leave the box unchecked it will reboot after hitting apply. After it reboots, if I leave the upnp box unchecked and hit apply, it won’t reboot. If I check the box and hit apply, it will reboot.

does yours have the same behavior?

I love this router aside from the UPnP toggle and a few minor complaints.

I could really use a mixed WPA2/WPA3 mode option on the config screens.  Seems like the Nighthawk app can configure it that way.

Edge Beta is trying to force it over to HTTPS and not connecting.  I assume that will be a problem in the future.

Anyway, have fun peeps.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Standoff said:

I love this router aside from the UPnP toggle and a few minor complaints.

I could really use a mixed WPA2/WPA3 mode option on the config screens.  Seems like the Nighthawk app can configure it that way.

Edge Beta is trying to force it over to HTTPS and not connecting.  I assume that will be a problem in the future.

Anyway, have fun peeps.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the feedback! Yes best not to use HTTPS on the interface, it will be much slower and may encounter errors.

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the feedback! Yes best not to use HTTPS on the interface, it will be much slower and may encounter errors.

Yeah, I'm saying it doesn't really give me an option.  I don't know how to turn off the Automatic HTTPS on it yet.

It may or may not be a problem when the browser hits the release channel but I figured best if people are aware of it now.

(It looks like Chrome is doing similar things, though I don't know if they'll be handled exactly the same or not.)

https://www.engadget.com/google-chrome-https-first-mode-170051682.html