Xr1000 firmware

22 minutes ago, Doughboy said:

I did now the rapps won’t completely load smh 

After you've upgraded the firmware, could you please factory reset the XR1000? This is often required in order to ensure nothing is left over from the previous firmware.

8 minutes ago, Doughboy said:

I did. This is what I got. Or a spinning wheel on all the applications 

Sometimes you'll find this occur immediately after an upgrade but it shouldn't last long, I'd say close the interface, clear your browser cache and come back to the router after a few minutes, all should be fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello all,

A quick question about the firmware files. I was thinking of reverting back to the original firmware. I read in another post that gaming was more stable with it. The user manual says that firmware use file type .img extension. The files I downloaded from Netgear after unzipping have file type .chk, (Recovered File Fragments). Can someone tell me why? Are these corrupted or what?

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, goblin said:

Hello all,

A quick question about the firmware files. I was thinking of reverting back to the original firmware. I read in another post that gaming was more stable with it. The user manual says that firmware use file type .img extension. The files I downloaded from Netgear after unzipping have file type .chk, (Recovered File Fragments). Can someone tell me why? Are these corrupted or what?

The XR1000 uses .chk files, the other XR routers use .img so they must have missed changing that in the guide