R2 & XR700 2021 updates!!!

irving

Any Netduma employee or development team care about promises made to the community who purchased the R2 or the XR700? We have been waiting going on a year for this amazing firmware updates etc and yet still nothing. Like why hype this community up and announce all these great features and updates that makes us purchase these equipment?! I truly find it unprofessional and bad business on your end. Netduma really need to get their stuff together. i understand the staffing issue globally due to the pandemic and what not but at least release something small or a feature. Is that too much to ask?

• Administrators

Both have DumaOS 3.0 so they have those features that are mentioned, is there a specific feature you're wanting? We've been debugging a big issue for a long time now and have got a fix so that's taken a lot of development time up

Correct me if I'm wrong but the XR700 has a beta firmware without security patch from the 1.0.1.38?. Data history and themes from the Rapp store? faster and more of an accurate read on png heatmap. It does not match the games or the games server ping. auto ping heatmap refresh? Little things 

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Both have DumaOS 3.0 so they have those features that are mentioned, is there a specific feature you're wanting? We've been debugging a big issue for a long time now and have got a fix so that's taken a lot of development time up

The RApp on the geo filter non stop stating Rapp not loaded. i reset the router and clear the chrome settings and reload the software and nothing 

• Administrators

Yes it does have the beta firmware, as it's a beta you can expect things to be unfinished/not as they would be in a final version but it is there to use if you want to. Those are quite big features so it takes a lot of time, as they're not critical to the routers purpose of giving you a better connection it's not vital we release them as fast as possible. What do you mean by a faster read on Heatmap? In game pings on some games will read different if they include processing delay in their calculation, all games have it but not all choose to show it. Warzone includes this for example. You can't do anything about that ping other than forcing a different server. The ping to the server is what is within your control and what you can do something about. You can set a schedule for how often you want Heatmap to ping. Rapp not loading is one of the issues I mentioned that we've been debugging and fixing for a long time, it should happen much less in the next.

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2021 at 12:53 PM, irving said:

Thank you Fraser have a great weekend 

I see they been giving you the run a round to. I’ve been asking the same question and my comments being removed Because according to Fraser I was bullying him for catching him in his lies here a few thing’s the next thing he’s gonna tell you is that they’re waiting for Netgear to release it I’ve gone to Netgear support they say that Natduma  has to release it and hasn’t released nothing i’ve got emails and pictures of all the comments and some of the comments that I have posted been removed they even Took down a page about the firmware update for the XR700 here’s a few links and photos i’m just gonna post the stuff on social media see if I can get any help or anything done it’s gonna look bad for NetDuma but maybe it’ll help out all of the other users that have the router’s and paid good money for a product but not doing the Firmware updates like they promised fixing some of the issues

D190EE80-33BB-4D11-9782-0D185A9E9653.png

DFE5CF30-F8BE-4801-8F82-DBFF709CBD12.png

86180503-5BB2-477E-8C0A-C3CAC720457E.png

DD255954-CBD6-463E-AA24-410AEFD3EF85.jpeg

22682D81-C2A1-4FAC-94DE-7472C282929F.png

EF10D52D-6995-42C7-A185-5265B48099EC.png

A98DF759-AEFB-4A75-9871-18B7A86FB3B4.png

2190E483-F036-43EE-8EDB-6394C290C04A.png

E03F450E-CA13-4A45-BE6E-FB340F28CC79.png

731600BE-7A89-4953-9118-43B94F90C213.png

6EE514C0-D9CA-4871-A40B-B9EBB2968B22.png

• Administrators

As I mentioned in reply to you yesterday:

It's not forgotten, you may not like the answer but it doesn't mean I have another to give you at this time. Other platforms haven't had an update for 7+ months so it's not just 700 users waiting. I understand you're annoyed and you can do that if you wish to but it won't speed up development, we're already working flat out on it, I also don't have any input on when an update goes out, all I do is relay the information I have.

The XR700 is no longer being manufactured so you're not warning people against purchasing it because they can't anyway, posting comments everywhere won't change anything, all I do is try to support users, I have no input in how long it takes to get a firmware ready and I think most people understand that. I have left a lot of your comments alone even though they haven't been very nice. Luke doesn't look on the support forum, hence why he has not replied, we also get a lot of messages on Twitter and sometimes we miss them. We've always made a concerted effort to reply. We have also said many times that we do not give out dates for firmware so repeatedly asking won't give you a different answer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 8:11 PM, robert27841 said:

I even sent a message on Twitter on Aug 26,2021 I never got a reply so the next step is to post on Social media Twitter Instagram Facebook they don’t do what they have promised to all their users

727BFD75-5462-4386-84DA-69CF30824D64.png

I do not have any hopes for the XR700... I don't fully understand why the XR300 & 500 would get FW updates and not the 700... I rather have full transparency from NetGear and NetDuma developers/engineers. I am 100% positive theres full communications and meetings between both parties (NetDuma and NetGear) for all gaming DumaOS devices. To keep customers/community stable, both franchise are trained to maintain communication with limited information just like any other company, which I am a process engineer for a manufacturing company. I cant fully disclose certain situation that happens to the product within the facility but will alway respond with corrective actions took place or any improvements. Reason I have not stressed anymore or replied to this thread. I will be looking for the latest and greatest device wise but wont be purchasing NetDuma products until I witness that what they say and fulfilling those actions. actions speaks louder than words. 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, irving said:

I do not have any hopes for the XR700... I don't fully understand why the XR300 & 500 would get FW updates and not the 700... I rather have full transparency from NetGear and NetDuma developers/engineers. I am 100% positive theres full communications and meetings between both parties (NetDuma and NetGear) for all gaming DumaOS devices. To keep customers/community stable, both franchise are trained to maintain communication with limited information just like any other company, which I am a process engineer for a manufacturing company. I cant fully disclose certain situation that happens to the product within the facility but will alway respond with corrective actions took place or any improvements. Reason I have not stressed anymore or replied to this thread. I will be looking for the latest and greatest device wise but wont be purchasing NetDuma products until I witness that what they say and fulfilling those actions. actions speaks louder than words. 

The XR300 has not got any updates. Just because the 700 has not received an update at the same time, doesn't mean it won't, as we've tweeted we will be putting out information about the state of firmware for the other models very soon. I am certain you'll be pleased once the 700 gets an update.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

The XR300 has not got any updates. Just because the 700 has not received an update at the same time, doesn't mean it won't, as we've tweeted we will be putting out information about the state of firmware for the other models very soon. I am certain you'll be pleased once the 700 gets an update.

Looking froward to it @Netduma Fraser again thanks for the quick reply. Have a great weekend as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 11:33 AM, raf1212 said:

this is a great pumping of bank accounts, there is (new) software xr500, no longer (alpha-beta), which is an official version that works nothing at all, what a policy of lying to people, it's a pity to talk

FACT’S TO THE 🏦