Reason to buy Netduma Router?

Rizds

I play warzone regularly and rarely have any issues with lag, or dying due to getting shor first or whatever, I’ve got a 2.13KD and have a wired connection which has never bothered me at all, but I’m certain that wired connections are limited in providing amazing pings, whereas investing in one of these would even more significantly improve my gameplay and make it feel even smoother. The ping I get is between 35-40 and it feels smooth, yet would the increase to 15-20 make a drastic change?

I’m just unsure whether to invest in one. I’ve never dealt with lag and have had smooth gameplays. I have a fast virgin media router and a LAN cable so I’m unsure if it’s worth investing in one. Any reasons to?

I bought XR1000 for only one reason - the Geo-Filter.

This feature has not disappointed me.

Now... I know where is the server I'm connected to. In case of laggy games i can force my games to West coast or Europe and see how it's performing there.

Before I was on the mercy of Activision shitty lag compensation. Having the lowest  ping will not guarantee you the best game performance.

Remember... they want to sell this game to as many customers as possible (not only people with the fastest low ping ISPs).

14 hours ago, Jackal235 said:

Now... I know where is the server I'm connected to. In case of laggy games i can force my games to West coast or Europe and see how it's performing there.

Before I was on the mercy of Activision shitty lag compensation. Having the lowest  ping will not guarantee you the best game performance.

Remember... they want to sell this game to as many customers as possible (not only people with the fastest low ping ISPs).

Thanks for the feedback, glad you're enjoying it!

• 3 weeks later...

Personal the real benefit I have got using netduma is the QoS, it's brilliant this feature it has optimised my network gaming just got better unlike my stupid ISP router. I only wish I can swap out my ISP router for netduma.

On 8/11/2021 at 8:44 PM, Rizds said:

I play warzone regularly and rarely have any issues with lag, or dying due to getting shor first or whatever, I’ve got a 2.13KD and have a wired connection which has never bothered me at all, but I’m certain that wired connections are limited in providing amazing pings, whereas investing in one of these would even more significantly improve my gameplay and make it feel even smoother. The ping I get is between 35-40 and it feels smooth, yet would the increase to 15-20 make a drastic change?

I’m just unsure whether to invest in one. I’ve never dealt with lag and have had smooth gameplays. I have a fast virgin media router and a LAN cable so I’m unsure if it’s worth investing in one. Any reasons to?

I was feeling the same exact way before i purchased mine. I want any extra edge i can get, I am a firm believer that PING IS KING and i would always have a 30 to 60 ping. With netdumas QOS and geo filter features im able to get 9ms to 20ms 98% of the time. When i play multiplayer i can force host and just run circles around the lobby. Plus you can control all the bandwidth to every ones device connected to the router. Your wife / girlfriend acting dumb with you - lol babe i don't know why you can't watch netflix, got kids not listening,  you just became the bandwidth police

• 4 weeks later...

*** I am not the most knowledgeable in how the internet, wifi, ports, etc., all work.  I'd say I'm average on the router/modem connection knowledge scale, lol.***

First, I purchased my Netduma R2 almost a year ago now. I'm on Xbox and was playing on wifi..(I KNOW :( ). I finally called my ISP out to set up a direct plug-in at my new spot, with 500gbs up and down. It was night and day. I still wanted as much performance as possible, so I ordered the dumaR2 after a friend of mine told me about it. Many people I see on the forum have acquired it for the geo-filter, which is insanely impressive. If I even knew what that was when I got mine, I would have probably purchased it if that was the sole function.  

However, my favorite things are the control you have when you log into DumaOS; it's nuts. You can run tests and mess around with numbers till you get the best connection possible. You can allocate bandwidth in QoS for specific devices, set congestion control to limit other devices taking up bandwidth. Check the Network Monitor to see what devices are active and taking up space.  Again, this is just the tip of the iceberg, and I still have a lot to learn. 

The only things I complain about, which are very small and wouldn't justify not getting one, are that sometimes the RAPP doesn't load when I log into DumaOS. I reboot the router from the website and reload OS, and it works perfectly. (I'm sure I can do something to prevent that, like clearing my browser, etc., my way seems to do the trick.)

I'll never go back to any router even if the "dark day" comes and I never play video games again. I can switch my setting for work since I'm always on my laptop on skype, zoom, etc. 

I hope you get/gotten one yourself!

• Administrators

@Bcobz thanks for the great feedback, that's really awesome to hear! Also to address your point on the Rapps not loading, that is something we have been actively working on for months, it's been a super tricky issue to solve, hence why there hasn't been a new version in a little while. We're confident though that it will be fixed for the next version.

• 2 years later...
On 8/12/2021 at 11:25 PM, Jackal235 said:

Before I was on the mercy of Activision poopyty lag compensation. Having the lowest  ping will not guarantee you the best game performance.

How can force servers in Europe help you get better lobbies? 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Satiros said:

How can force servers in Europe help you get better lobbies? 

Some people find servers slightly further away even if the ping is a little higher can be more stable and therefore give a better experience than a lower ping server that fluctuates a lot.

Netduma is very cool if you're console player. You can't control things on console like you can do on PC (that's when router helps your console). Also gem of netduma is geo filter, it's like exclusive thing. QoS is getting better with newest beta firmware updates. Based router. I don't like that there's bloatware that I cant remove and you can't flash router by yourself with usb stick so you're kinda limited. Besides that I recommend R2, for that price it's good.