XR1000 - QoS not working for Upload for PPPoE connection

Hi

I have changed my router to XR1000 and my internet is over PPPoE.  When I enable QoS its not working for upload.  I am getting full speed but not the allocated bandwidth.  And in-game its very painful.  I appreciate your help here.

Thanks

Badri M

Hi @Netduma Fraser

I have enabled VLAN.  In that I see priority and it is by default 0.  Where do I find to know what are those values means?  I have one managed switch in that 8 means high priority port and 0 means least.  Here how it is?

Thanks

Badri M

• Administrators

Do you need VLAN? If you're not familiar with how it works you may end up cutting the internet. It affects the order in which packets would be sent, there is lots of information online about it, I'd recommend you research it if you want to use VLAN

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you need VLAN? If you're not familiar with how it works you may end up cutting the internet. It affects the order in which packets would be sent, there is lots of information online about it, I'd recommend you research it if you want to use VLAN

If he use vlan badrisuper will have the same problem because netduma have a old bug on pppoe and vlan afecting qos uploud

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes, I need VLAN.  I tried using ISPs router and XR1000.  There is lot of difference.  Even I can see that in dslreport.  So we need a fix and build to fully utilize the router's ability.  I have R2 and I changed it only for this reason again I got stuck.  Its little disappointing.

Thanks

Badri M

9 hours ago, badrisuper said:

Yes, I need VLAN.  I tried using ISPs router and XR1000.  There is lot of difference.  Even I can see that in dslreport.  So we need a fix and build to fully utilize the router's ability.  I have R2 and I changed it only for this reason again I got stuck.  Its little disappointing.

Thanks

Badri M

Do you have a ONT if yes you can use a smart-switch to untag the vlan to your wan port on the xr1000

33 minutes ago, AI_EXREYFOX said:

Do you have a ONT if yes you can use a smart-switch to untag the vlan to your wan port on the xr1000

Hi

Yes, I have managed switch.  Zyxel GS1200-8HP.  How do i do that?  From Media converter switch and assign vland id to that port.  right?

Thanks

Badri M

• Administrators
11 hours ago, badrisuper said:

Thanks

Badri M

We are working on it currently, also the next update for the R2 will have VLAN included

ONT---MANAGED SWITCH--- XR1000

On your Zyxel you need to tag the vlan on the port you connect your ONT and on the port you connet your router you need to untag the vlan an set the ID-vlan to your vlan number you use.

1 hour ago, AI_EXREYFOX said:

ONT---MANAGED SWITCH--- XR1000

On your Zyxel you need to tag the vlan on the port you connect your ONT and on the port you connet your router you need to untag the vlan an set the ID-vlan to your vlan number you use.

I tried this way and I am able to connect.  But still QoS on upload is not working.  You sure it will work?

Regards

Badri M

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you remove VLAN from the XR after you did it? If you're still using PPPoE you'll still have the issue

Looks like its working in R2 but QoS doesnt reflect in XBOX Series X.  Any suggestions?

Thanks 

Badri M

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How are you testing, via the network settings or through the web browser? Is Traffic Prioritization showing it is prioritizing when testing?

I did a complete restart and all started working.  

Do you have any dates for new firmware release.  Because XR1000 handled 1GB speed very well and I was getting low ping as well.  But R2 is decent and still doesnt a match.

Thanks

Badri M

4 minutes ago, badrisuper said:

Thanks @Netduma Liam.  But I tried XR1000 multiple times it failed to apply QoS for Upload and the same is working for R2.  What is it I am doing wrong here?  I will try again.

Thanks

Badri M

The XR1000 should be handling any PPPoE or VLAN configuration currently, could you confirm that's the case?

Yes, both VLAN and PPPoE required.  Its a very basic managed switch.  It doesnt support PPPoE.

And I can confirm one more bug in R2 as well.

In R2, under traffic prioritization if I add ports 1-65535 in both source and destination then QoS wont work.  I am not sure what other combination will disable QoS.  But I can confirm this.  I spent half a day to identify why suddenly QoS failed.  In total, software is buggy if I want to use PPPoE.

Thanks

Badri M