XR1000 - QoS not working for Upload for PPPoE connection

On 7/31/2021 at 7:03 AM, badrisuper said:

Hi @Netduma Fraser

I have enabled VLAN.  In that I see priority and it is by default 0.  Where do I find to know what are those values means?  I have one managed switch in that 8 means high priority port and 0 means least.  Here how it is?

Thanks

Badri M

I read the higher the number the higher the priority. I have mine set to 7 for vlan tag

16 hours ago, badrisuper said:

Yes, both VLAN and PPPoE required.  Its a very basic managed switch.  It doesnt support PPPoE.

And I can confirm one more bug in R2 as well.

In R2, under traffic prioritization if I add ports 1-65535 in both source and destination then QoS wont work.  I am not sure what other combination will disable QoS.  But I can confirm this.  I spent half a day to identify why suddenly QoS failed.  In total, software is buggy if I want to use PPPoE.

Thanks

Badri M

OK, thank you, keep an eye out for new XR1000 firmware to address this.

With regards to the R2, that's not a bug, you're telling QoS to prioritise all traffic from that device, so you won't notice the affects of QoS on it as it's all being prioritised. What's the objective of this rule? Are you trying to prioritise specific ports for a game?

34 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, thank you, keep an eye out for new XR1000 firmware to address this.

With regards to the R2, that's not a bug, you're telling QoS to prioritise all traffic from that device, so you won't notice the affects of QoS on it as it's all being prioritised. What's the objective of this rule? Are you trying to prioritise specific ports for a game?

Yes, I am trying to prioritize traffic from the console.  But the behavior is different when I do it through PPPOE connection and a normal one.  Because when testing console speed stat, QoS is not working when using PPPoE and QoS is working when using normal connection.  Whatever speed I set in Anti Buffer Bloat section I should I get that speed or below that one. but not the full speed provided by my ISP.

So I am not sure which one is bugged.  Normal connection or PPPoE?

Thanks

Badri M

15 minutes ago, badrisuper said:

Yes, I am trying to prioritize traffic from the console.  But the behavior is different when I do it through PPPOE connection and a normal one.  Because when testing console speed stat, QoS is not working when using PPPoE and QoS is working when using normal connection.  Whatever speed I set in Anti Buffer Bloat section I should I get that speed or below that one. but not the full speed provided by my ISP.

So I am not sure which one is bugged.  Normal connection or PPPoE?

Thanks

Badri M

You should see that the console still has full speeds with QoS enabled, which are you seeing this with: PPPoE or Normal connection? 

When this is happening, all other devices on the network should see speeds less than or equal to those configured in Anti-Bufferbloat.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

You should see that the console still has full speeds with QoS enabled, which are you seeing this with: PPPoE or Normal connection? 

When this is happening, all other devices on the network should see speeds less than or equal to those configured in Anti-Bufferbloat.

When PPPoE enabled, I see full speed on console if I enable QoS and Prioritize the traffic by assigning ports 1-65535 for both src and dest.  If I disable I see QoS is working again.

When in normal mode, QoS is working as expected  even if I prioritize the console traffic.  

Yes, when Qos enabled all other devices are working as expected but only my game console gets full speed if prioritize its traffic.

51 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying but that is how we would expect it to behave.

All other devices on the network will see reduced speeds, besides the console because it's traffic is being prioritised.

Then my understanding also wrong.  I have one question.  If I prioritize a device then I will get full network speed but not the speed I configure in Anti Bufferbloat slider?

2 minutes ago, badrisuper said:

Then my understanding also wrong.  I have one question.  If I prioritize a device then I will get full network speed but not the speed I configure in Anti Bufferbloat slider?

Yes, if you prioritise the entire device as you've done for the PS5.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

To make QoS working I have connected like below.

ONT -  Managed Switch (VLAN) - R2 (PPPoE)

But with the above setup only IPV4 is working.  In my XBOX I am not getting IPV6 information.  

I know this is not R2 router section and if needed I can start a separate thread in R2 router section.

Just wanted to know is there any mistake or configuration I missing?

Thanks

Badri M

9 minutes ago, badrisuper said:

Hi

To make QoS working I have connected like below.

ONT -  Managed Switch (VLAN) - R2 (PPPoE)

But with the above setup only IPV4 is working.  In my XBOX I am not getting IPV6 information.  

I know this is not R2 router section and if needed I can start a separate thread in R2 router section.

Just wanted to know is there any mistake or configuration I missing?

Thanks

Badri M

Could you double check you have IPv6 enabled in both the LAN and WAN sections of Network Settings?

If so, please do create a new topic over on R2 support and we can look into it with you there :)