XR500 slow WIRED speeds

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Wr3cklessAnt1cs said:

I'm back!! Ended up putting the router away for a while and kept using my old one. I pulled it back out, and I have the same issues. I recently upgraded my internet to 1Gbps down, 40Mbps up. My old router can't handle gig speeds, so I'm using the XR500 now. When connected directly to the modem, I get my advertised speeds. When the router is plugged in, I top out at 500-600Mbps with QoS turned off. With QoS turned on, I get 300-400Mbps. Wifi devices are affected as well. All Ethernet cables are Cat 5e or 6. I called my ISP and they sent a tech, and confirmed I'm getting the correct speeds, so the issue lies with the router. It has been updated, and performed several factory restores to try to solve the issue. Any ideas??

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the XR?

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the XR?

The modem is an ES2251 from Spectrum. All devices in the home are connected, yes. When doing tests I make sure I disconnected all other devices to make sure something wasn't eating bandwidth.

6 hours ago, Wr3cklessAnt1cs said:

Here is a screenshot fresh after a factory restore today. Same issue, no settings changed. I do use speedtest.net

Do you know if your connection requires you to use PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP identifiers in order to get connected to the internet?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

After the factory reset what settings have you changed, other than disabling QoS fully or are speeds the exact same with no other settings changed? Are you restoring from a backup after a factory reset?

I haven't disabled QoS. The only setting I have changed was enabling IPv6 with Auto Config, and no restoring from a backup.

#EDIT: Disabled QoS and ran a speed test and received the attached results

Screenshot_11.png