Could you mention the WAN Nat Filtering issue to Netgear as well?Personally I haven't ran into an issue like this. Normally setting NAT Filtering to OPEN would work but not this time, hopefully it will be fixed very soon

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, ifell said:

Could you mention the WAN Nat Filtering issue to Netgear as well?Personally I haven't ran into an issue like this. Normally setting NAT Filtering to OPEN would work but not this time, hopefully it will be fixed very soon

Yeah they are aware of that, should've been fixed in that version so it will be fixed for the next version

• 4 weeks later...

Just a follow up, on the games consoles the Nat type comes up as ( NAT TYPE FAILED ) when this happens, only way to remedy this is to reboot the XR1000.

This can happen while the DHCP issue is occurring, and it can happen without the DHCP playing up 

I'm not too sure, next time it happens I'll pay closer attention to it. But what I've noticed is that when it happens, some devices are effected and come up with

"connected, no internet"

And some devices are unaffected.

But with the effected devices as I've said before in my other post, 

Ive tried to manually specify: 

IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, DNS. And still had the

" connected, no internet"

Makes no sense. 

On one of the phones it even failed to Obtain an IP address and I tried the troubleshooting mentioned above. 

I'll let you know if it happens again and if the Nat type or DHCP happen at the same time 

I've removed all the IP addresses from the LAN DHCP ip address reservation table, since it wasn't helping. 

Comes up with this on some devices:

Failed to obtain an IP address,

IP configuration failure,

Connected- no internet.

I'll try that out 

IMG_20210728_131724~2.jpg

11 minutes ago, ifell said:

Rebooting the XR1000 seems to be the only remedy for this issue. I reboot it almost every day because of this issue 

OK thanks for confirming, it will actually require a reboot for the Random MAC changes to take affect, although we'll still need to wait on Netgear for the DHCP fix I'm afraid.

In the device list I discovered that 1 iPhone had two Mac addresses, I rebooted the XR1000 and removed both of them and also turned off the Mac address randomisation ( private addresses ) then reconnected the iPhone, hopefully this was the cause of the issue.

No other devices use Mac address privacy that I know of ( changes Mac address ) 

5 minutes ago, ifell said:

In the device list I discovered that 1 iPhone had two Mac addresses, I rebooted the XR1000 and removed both of them and also turned off the Mac address randomisation ( private addresses ) then reconnected the iPhone, hopefully this was the cause of the issue.

No other devices use Mac address privacy that I know of ( changes Mac address ) 

It's mostly Apple devices that do this, we've seen it quite a lot before. I'm not sure that's the cause of the issue, but it's not going to help matters so please do let us know how you get on.

Will do.

Another note, I'm really wishing that Netgear allows the hybrid VPN to be added to the XR1000. I payed $130 for a years worth subscription to a VPN and I can't really use it on my PlayStation, I could use a the DNS server the VPN provides but the ping is way too high ( can't choose the location of the VPN server ) can't even use it on the smart TVs to unblock Netflix in different countries so it's pretty much a huge loss

2 minutes ago, ifell said:

Will do.

Another note, I'm really wishing that Netgear allows the hybrid VPN to be added to the XR1000. I payed $130 for a years worth subscription to a VPN and I can't really use it on my PlayStation, I could use a the DNS server the VPN provides but the ping is way too high ( can't choose the location of the VPN server ) can't even use it on the smart TVs to unblock Netflix in different countries so it's pretty much a huge loss

Thanks for your patience. It will likely be on the XR1000 in future, though we don't have an ETA I'm afraid.

My phone ended up getting the

( connected, no internet ) 

As well as one of the smart TV's 

Both used DHCP. I tried using static IP addresses for both of them, and power cycled the phone and TV but still came up with ( connected - no internet )

But eventually started working after 15 minutes or so.. 

I set them back to DHCP when it wasn't working with static.

______

Right now it's occuring with the IPad iOS 12.5.4 ( doesn't have random/private Mac address toggle )

Comes up as follows:

IPV4 Address

Configure IP automatic

IP address: 169.254.157.137

Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0

Router:   Blank 

That couldn't be more wrong.

It should be

IP address 192.168.2.20-254

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Router: 192.168.2.1

___

I checked 2 of the ps3s and the NAT Type is as it should be ( NAT TYPE 2 )

__ 

I also found that one of the other phones ( android ) are coming up as (connected no internet)

On the iPad I set up a static IP address, and it still came up as ( connected- no internet ) then I disabled the wifi for 2 minutes or so then tried again, it decided to work, so I then tried to swap it back to DHCP and it's connected and is able to access the internet 

Tried doing the same thing with the android phone but no luck, 

DHCP - (connected- no internet )

Static-  ( connected- no internet)

IP address: 192.168.2.137

Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Router 192.168.2.1

DNS 1.1.1.1  1.0.0.1