Rylo

My ISP package I am paying for is 1000/750 (1gig down, 750 up) on my modem I’m getting (1.09gb down, 812 up) I have Bell fiber 

for my bandwidth speeds on the R2 I set them to 950 down and 750 up, congestion sliders are 85% download and 99% upload, bandwidth allocation I’m using by devices 

when I watch YouTube on my iPhone XR anything above 1080p buffers every 3 minutes basically unwatchable, what have I done wrong? If I switch to my ISPs WiFi it’s enjoyable I can watch 2160p go to any part of the video and it’ll play instantly but I can’t do that on the R2. What have I done wrong? With the speeds I’m paying for I should be able to play any YouTube video and be fine

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try disabling QoS from the Congestion Control :menu menu and see if it works then please? I take it you're using the R2 WiFi then is that right?

Yes I am using the R2s 2.4ghz for YouTube and common use, if I disable QoS it feels like it ruins stuff for my gaming 

You don't actually need to run QoS at those speeds probably.

But you should try using 5Ghz for stuff like that as it has a much higher throughput.

Best is actually to keep your gaming stuff connected wired and your wifi devices on 5Ghz.

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

You don't actually need to run QoS at those speeds probably.

But you should try using 5Ghz for stuff like that as it has a much higher throughput.

Best is actually to keep your gaming stuff connected wired and your wifi devices on 5Ghz.

I’ll give this a shot, thanks for the recommendation!

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Rylo said:

Yes I am using the R2s 2.4ghz for YouTube and common use, if I disable QoS it feels like it ruins stuff for my gaming 

Would just be for troubleshooting purposes but as mentioned above, likely unneeded at your speeds and 5GHz is best for your scenario, let us know how you get on!

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Would just be for troubleshooting purposes but as mentioned above, likely unneeded at your speeds and 5GHz is best for your scenario, let us know how you get on!

I have QOS disabled now to try and my phone on the 5ghz, I can already tell a huge difference, I am able to play the call of duty stream at 2160p go to any part and it plays instantly! are my bandwidth speeds fine how I set or should I do 1000 down and 750 up?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Rylo said:

Okay, thank you so much for always being the best help, stay safe! 

You're very welcome, thank you, you too! As your issue has been resolved I'll close the topic, feel free to open another if needed and we'll be happy to help!