Upload ping Spikes R2

Xûr

Hi, i do connection benchmark , and im getting this, always. very big lag spike in the ulpload phase.

If i do Dsl reportes speed test , i always get A+ A+ A+

What can be happening?

Thanxs

Spike Upload.jpg

Dsl Reports.jpg

The connection benchmark tests your connection without QoS.

So if you have any issues with bufferbloat then they will show up, on DSL reports QoS is running.

12 hours ago, Bert said:

The connection benchmark tests your connection without QoS.

So if you have any issues with bufferbloat then they will show up, on DSL reports QoS is running.

I alredy tested with qos on and off, same results. I did direct from the router that is on bridge, didnt happen. Qos settings 20% slice bar off.

I think there is another issue there, it didnt happen before the last firmware update.

12 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Good response above!

Do you have any other devices connected to your modem or is it just the R2? 

Could you perhaps share a screenshot of your QoS settings?

Just the R2, my main router just let de internet go through for the duma. Wifi off too there. Dmz to duma static ip. Like i said above, it happened after latest firmware update.

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does the upload value changed if you use Congestion Control on Always and try in increments of 10% for upload?

i will try, i dont understand 10% you mean, i start with 10% upload, then 20 30 40 until 70?

Doesn't matter if you switch QoS on or off. It bypasses QoS and simply using full bandwidth.

You can also see that in your results, you are exceeding your upload bandwidth limit. While on DSL reports you are only pulling 60ish mbit. That is why your ping is running up, your ISP's traffic policer kicks in and you are filling the sending buffers.

If you have anti bufferbloat set this won't happen when gaming etc since traffic is capped at 80%.

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

Doesn't matter if you switch QoS on or off. It bypasses QoS and simply using full bandwidth.

You can also see that in your results, you are exceeding your upload bandwidth limit. While on DSL reports you are only pulling 60ish mbit. That is why your ping is running up, your ISP's traffic policer kicks in and you are filling the sending buffers.

If you have anti bufferbloat set this won't happen when gaming etc since traffic is capped at 80%.

i dont use qos, cause it causes hit registration fails in cod and destiny, i just assign bandwith to each component in my network, ps4, phone , etc. Mi Pc has 77% of that 80% mi connection is 100/100 mbs. 

It doesnt happened before the firmware update.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does the upload value changed if you use Congestion Control on Always and try in increments of 10% for upload?

I tried allways on , and it fixes, the problem is, before i didnt need that, and ABB makes my hit registration in D2 and COD not work at all, any ideas?

Btw, thanxs to your advice, and why is DSL reports, always showing A+ A+ A+ ? if i havent turn on ABB?

thanxs

qos full.jpg

That looks much better!

When you're playing D2 and CoD, is the DumaOS Classified games rule in Traffic Prioritisation detecting traffic? Are there red lights showing on the rule?

The DSL report score you showed earlier would suggest that QoS is still enabled given the speeds it's seeing?

9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That looks much better!

When you're playing D2 and CoD, is the DumaOS Classified games rule in Traffic Prioritisation detecting traffic? Are there red lights showing on the rule?

The DSL report score you showed earlier would suggest that QoS is still enabled given the speeds it's seeing?

no, i set my pc as a console, and enable traffic Prio, y disable the classified games cause i just need the pc to be prioritized.

yes. First picture , qos , set bandwith to each device independent, no share excess. No ABB enable.

My problem is that i didnt need to put abb on before last firmware.  I can turn ABB on if this algorithm is better for git registration in cod and D2.

• Administrators

The disabling of share excess might have been the cause there, would almost always recommend you keep that enabled. Experiment with the settings and see what works for you, there is no one answer it's whatever feels right for your connection

11 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That looks much better!

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The disabling of share excess might have been the cause there, would almost always recommend you keep that enabled. Experiment with the settings and see what works for you, there is no one answer it's whatever feels right for your connection

why? is there any technical explanation to this? cause y just nees 5mbs for every other device , and the big bandwith for my pc, also, the test in benchamark is made with the hole bandwith, why does share excess have any direct cause to upload like spike? can you please explain it to me? thanxs

• Administrators

Bufferbloat occurs when your connection is saturated so as it was limited severely it could reach that point quickly - just a theory based on what you have said. I would recommend keeping it enabled as gaming barely uses any bandwidth so even if you allocate a lot of bandwidth it won't use it and then other devices won't be able to get what they need.

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Bufferbloat occurs when your connection is saturated so as it was limited severely it could reach that point quickly - just a theory based on what you have said. I would recommend keeping it enabled as gaming barely uses any bandwidth so even if you allocate a lot of bandwidth it won't use it and then other devices won't be able to get what they need.

Ok, i will try for 1 week, what about hit registration with 
ABB on? should give a try also?

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Xûr said:

Ok, i will try for 1 week, what about hit registration with 
ABB on? should give a try also?

I would recommend so yes, try different percentages but also try it off as well - at the end of the day it's about what works best for you, even if that means not using some features vs others

On 5/31/2021 at 11:19 AM, Xûr said:

Ok, any tips for d2 on PC for better hit registraron and geo filter settings please?

Thanxs

For hit registration, this will probably pertain more to QoS than Geo-filter, how is QoS currently configured?

As long as you're connecting to a local server offering a good connection in Geo-filter, that should be good to go.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:41 AM, Netduma Liam said:

For hit registration, this will probably pertain more to QoS than Geo-filter, how is QoS currently configured?

As long as you're connecting to a local server offering a good connection in Geo-filter, that should be good to go.

the algorithm doesnt help at all, i already tested it, i have 96ms to the server.

Now i know that the abb, help for the ping spike in the upload part, but it doesnt help, hit registration, so i have to choose.

• Administrators

That will be mostly it, your distance to the servers, if there are no closer servers then your ping will be high. One thing that people like to try and could possibly help in your case, is if your routing to the server is bad you could try connecting to a VPN with the location in the same place as the game server, the routing might be better thereby reducing the ping a bit but that's not a guarantee

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That will be mostly it, your distance to the servers, if there are no closer servers then your ping will be high. One thing that people like to try and could possibly help in your case, is if your routing to the server is bad you could try connecting to a VPN with the location in the same place as the game server, the routing might be better thereby reducing the ping a bit but that's not a guarantee

I already tried that, but vpn lost to many packets, i tested the best of them, no good results, i will consider move to another country LOL, thanxs for the help.

• 1 year later...
On 6/2/2021 at 3:35 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you tried using WTFast, Exitlag, those kinds of VPNs specifically?

im sorry late response, i tried exit lag, and it gets better. thanxs.