Lost internet AGAIN

I got fix my internet problems on the 19th now my internet is down again all the lights are on and Green but I don’t have internet the only thing that loads is DumaOs on my pc also it says Wan Ip disconnected so that’s lovely 

• Administrators

What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to? Do you have internet if you connect direct to the modem?

Did it occur randomly or after a specific setting change etc?

My modem is a NetGear CM700 it is hard wired to my R2 and it was random I was play destiny 2 then the internet just died but all the lights were on and everything looked normal but I couldn’t get any internet I tried unplugging the modem and router for 10 and 30 seconds many times I tried plugging my modem in to my computer and Xbox and they both had internet so something is wrong with the R2

• Administrators

In Settings > LAN > DHCP change the lease hours to 168 and apply, then see if it happens less please - if that is the issue it may drop after a week so if it does let us know

• Administrators

If you factory reset it then all custom settings will be wiped. If you reboot the router it should stay as what you have set. Change it to 168 hours then click save DHCP at the bottom of the page and it shouldn't change again

• Administrators

When you're going to reboot, best to do it direct from the interface, can you disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN settings, then in WAN click apply on DHCP and reboot from the interface please

• Administrators

It a reset works then by all means do that, I was assuming you had either tried this or would not want to initially. I don't see why it's having trouble as you're just using a pure modem with no requirements, it is odd. We are looking into similar occurrences though so hopefully this will be resolved for you in future versions.

It’s the the R2 It has to be because before I factory reset I could get to the interface but now after the reset it couldn’t detach a internet connection but I can connect the computer and the modem and after a 10 second reset it works instantly so modem is fine the R2 is probably the problem some how it’s just not taking the internet from the modem 

• Administrators

Click to manually setup in the wizard and then skip through that part. Do you know whether you have a dynamic or static public IP? If dynamic may be beneficial to see if the ISP can change it to static for free, if you do have it static then you could set the details in the R2 WAN Settings and should then have no problem getting a connection

I have static. So I click Wan setup then I have no clue on what to enter there the only thing I could think of doing there is doing static and then do ipconfig/all no idea if that the right thing to do it 

update i talk to my ISP they said the modem ( CM700) is working great but they can’t get the Router to get a signal from the modem and they can’t really do anything about it because it’s not their router and I’ve tried EVERYTHING to fix it and still no internet I’m out of ideas 

I’m just going off of Ipconfig/All 

Entering IPv4 Address for the IP

Entering Subnet mask for Subnet mask

Entering Default gateway for gateway 

but that was one of the many things I tried but it didn’t work 

10 hours ago, Ryan Douglas said:

I’m just going off of Ipconfig/All 

Entering IPv4 Address for the IP

Entering Subnet mask for Subnet mask

Entering Default gateway for gateway 

but that was one of the many things I tried but it didn’t work 

Just so we can rule it out, do you have a different cable that you can try to connect the R2 to the modem?