How to use Geo Filter on Destiny 2 Now

So way before I used to geo filter a lot for destiny. Now you guys did a fix. Can you walk me through with how to flush the cloud, and get the bungie servers to filter appropriately so I have decent matches again. You mentioned something about accepting a server. Please give me step by step with how to do this. @Netduma Fraser

• Administrators

No need to flush the cloud, the cloud update would already have been uploaded to the router. It's just how you normally filter, put your location/radius over a server/region you want to connect to, strict mode on in the Geo-Filter Map :menu menu, Ping Assist 0 and then search. If you do notice that you get kicked just before the game have a look on the Geo-Filter and there will be something blocked. Ping this (if needed can turn Auto Ping off in the :menu menu) then name it and click allow on the ping panel and you should be able to get a game after that - it could take a few times allowing these servers. If you do come across servers you need to allow please let us know the IDs and we'll add them to our allow list.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No need to flush the cloud, the cloud update would already have been uploaded to the router. It's just how you normally filter, put your location/radius over a server/region you want to connect to, strict mode on in the Geo-Filter Map :menu menu, Ping Assist 0 and then search. If you do notice that you get kicked just before the game have a look on the Geo-Filter and there will be something blocked. Ping this (if needed can turn Auto Ping off in the :menu menu) then name it and click allow on the ping panel and you should be able to get a game after that - it could take a few times allowing these servers. If you do come across servers you need to allow please let us know the IDs and we'll add them to our allow list.

What do you mean if I come across servers I need to allow?  Are you saying some servers are blocked initially for everyone? What does strict do?

8 hours ago, Jayco93 said:

What do you mean if I come across servers I need to allow?  Are you saying some servers are blocked initially for everyone? What does strict do?

There may still be some servers that we need to manually whitelist so you don't have to manually allow these in Geo-filter. If you do find servers that you need to do this with, let us know and we can amend that in a cloud update. If you disable strict mode, dedicated servers will no longer be filtered but peers will. As Destiny works via server-based matchmaking now, you will want to leave strict mode enabled. 

9 hours ago, Jayco93 said:

What’s a ping assist server? @Netduma Fraser @Netduma Liam

A ping assist server is a server that is outside of your radius but has not been blocked because the ping it offers is below your ping assist value set in the bottom right of the Geo-filter map. You can see the icon for these in the legend on Geo-filter.

• 2 years later...
On 5/19/2021 at 5:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You mentioned about getting kicked before getting into the game can you go into details about because I tried turning off the auto ping and still get kicked off as soon I’m loading into a match

• Administrators

Disabling Auto Ping is so you can manually ping the blocked icon on the map that should appear when getting kicked so you can then allow it which should then allow you into the game when you try again - it may take a few tries to allow the servers responsible for the kick.

• 7 months later...

Fraser is there a way you guys could make a firmware update that gives the option to automatically allow any pinged servers/peers within the radius of the geo-filter?

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Hunts said:

Fraser is there a way you guys could make a firmware update that gives the option to automatically allow any pinged servers/peers within the radius of the geo-filter?

It would allow any servers within the radius, the game will pick whichever one it wants to if there are multiple covered