XR300 with Sky DMZ

Hi all, 

I've read here that if I want to use my xr300 with Sky (SR203 G.Fast router) I'd need to add the xr300's WAN IP to the DMZ

I tried doing this but when I go to the xr300's settings, the wan IP shows as 0.0.0.0

Is this because I need to connect the xr300 to the sky router via ethernet first?

edit: I think I have solved the issue but I have another question, do I now have to disable the wifi on my sky router to prevent double NAT? I added the new WAN IP to the sky DMZ but still getting double NAT

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes the XR has to be connected to the Sky router to get an IP address for you to enter into the DMZ. No you don't need to do that, what you have done should have resolved it.

What is the IP address you use to access the Sky router interface and what is the IP address you entered into the DMZ?

On 5/18/2021 at 9:49 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes the XR has to be connected to the Sky router to get an IP address for you to enter into the DMZ. No you don't need to do that, what you have done should have resolved it.

What is the IP address you use to access the Sky router interface and what is the IP address you entered into the DMZ?

Hi Fraser, 

The IP I used for Sky's router interface was 192.168.0.1

I entered the WAN IP I found under 'Internet Status' in DumaOS which was 192.168.0.20

45 minutes ago, Cirno said:

Hi Fraser, 

The IP I used for Sky's router interface was 192.168.0.1

I entered the WAN IP I found under 'Internet Status' in DumaOS which was 192.168.0.20

That sounds correct, we'd also suggest rebooting both the Sky modem and the XR300 after making these changes to ensure they take effect.