Ping under load

Rylo

Top picture are sliders at 70/70 bottom picture is sliders at 70/72 with bandwidth at 950 down 750 up, my modem reporting speeds of 1.09gb down and 812 up. I was wondering to get the lines straighter do I move the sliders upwards so 70+ or lower so under 70? Any recommendations on settings? 

5A04BEA2-08E5-4DCD-B609-5D1D2355C828.jpeg

BB0B9877-9271-45C3-8046-6971E16DEA3D.jpeg

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

The bottom result is very good, I don't think it can go much lower than that! Experiment with the sliders in very small increments and see how you get on, but as I said, it's already very very good.

Appreciate the reply 🙂 with my speeds being 1.09gb down and 812 up, do I have my bandwidth speeds set correctly or what should i have those at? And any recommendations for bandwidth allocation for heavy gaming 

47 minutes ago, Rylo said:

Appreciate the reply 🙂 with my speeds being 1.09gb down and 812 up, do I have my bandwidth speeds set correctly or what should i have those at? And any recommendations for bandwidth allocation for heavy gaming 

I can't quite see what you've got your bandwidth speeds set to but it can't be far off given your results! Are you seeing any particular issues in-game when another device on the network is using bandwidth?

2 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

I can't quite see what you've got your bandwidth speeds set to but it can't be far off given your results! Are you seeing any particular issues in-game when another device on the network is using bandwidth?

I got my bandwidth speeds set to 950 down and 750 up on the R2 with 70/72 on the sliders and when I watch YouTube on my phone it buffers more then actually playing and sometimes it affects my gameplay if I’m watching a stream or something 

Do you have Congestion Control set to 'Always' or 'Auto-enable'? I'd suggest trying 'Auto-enable' so your phone isn't affected if high priority traffic isn't detected. Do you have any custom rules in Traffic Prioritisation or are you just using the standard 'DumaOS classified games' rule?

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Do you have Congestion Control set to 'Always' or 'Auto-enable'? I'd suggest trying 'Auto-enable' so your phone isn't affected if high priority traffic isn't detected. Do you have any custom rules in Traffic Prioritisation or are you just using the standard 'DumaOS classified games' rule?

I usually have it on always but I’ll give auto a try and I usually only use classified games but recently I added my console to give that a shot

• Administrators

In regards to the speeds you have set, disable QoS fully and do a wired speedtest.net test and see what you get, then enter that as your speeds. You do have a little spike on the upload so you should be able to get rid of that with more fine tuning (using Always to do so, can then go back to Auto-Enable) as to whether it requires you to go 70+ or below you'll need to experiment and see which works best

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In regards to the speeds you have set, disable QoS fully and do a wired speedtest.net test and see what you get, then enter that as your speeds. You do have a little spike on the upload so you should be able to get rid of that with more fine tuning (using Always to do so, can then go back to Auto-Enable) as to whether it requires you to go 70+ or below you'll need to experiment and see which works best

Definitely gonna give that a try whenever I get free time, always appreciate the help when it’s needed, stay safe guys ❤️

Even though i got A+ on all tests but the spikes on the last test made me worried hence posting here to ask if they are to be worried for or not?

Capture.PNG

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Eefo said:

Even though i got A+ on all tests but the spikes on the last test made me worried hence posting here to ask if they are to be worried for or not?

Yeah I would fine tune QoS more, it should be more like the Ping Test as its most optimum

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah I would fine tune QoS more, it should be more like the Ping Test as its most optimum

i tired tuning it, like tried it with 20, 50, 35 and then also tried auto tuning, results are the same. Is that my internet issue? 😕

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are ALL devices connected to the router? Are you testing with Congestion Control set to Always?

yes all the devices are connected to the router.

there are only 4 devices connected to it, my phone, pc a laptop and a register (lol, i am at my store right now playing and passing time and testing)

And yes it is set to always

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It seems like you've set your speeds much lower than you have in the above screenshot so set it as you have it then experiment with the percentages and see if it changes

Apologies if it may be a bother, but i didn't get it. are you talking about the download and upload speeds? Those are auto detected and i haven't touched the speeds a bit 😕
The package we are getting from carrier is 150/25.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Eefo said:

Apologies if it may be a bother, but i didn't get it. are you talking about the download and upload speeds? Those are auto detected and i haven't touched the speeds a bit 😕
The package we are getting from carrier is 150/25.

Sorry I confused you with the OP. Is this on the R2?

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN, reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes for it to boot up and then try again to fine tune and see if it reflects your changes please?

sure, let me give it ago

I may be doing something wrong or its either my internet.
Could you please let me know what are the settings to look for when doing a benchmark?

This one is on 20% congestion control50.thumb.PNG.e09ca952cced816d536186b645b51d09.PNG

This is on 50%
20.thumb.PNG.5b865f04e2161a210d86941f336b4fe6.PNG

And this is on 70%

70.thumb.PNG.12c64752d52bb9ab0ba78fff7c4c4ac1.PNGN

• Administrators

Okay so it is changing, we just need to find what works best. Try in intervals of 5% between 20% and 50% and then in intervals of 5% from 70% and 100%. Essentially you want the Ping Under Load graph to look as close to the Ping Test graph as possible.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so it is changing, we just need to find what works best. Try in intervals of 5% between 20% and 50% and then in intervals of 5% from 70% and 100%. Essentially you want the Ping Under Load graph to look as close to the Ping Test graph as possible.

Got it. just a little question, shall i keep both up/down percentages same?

• Administrators

No they don't need to be the same percentage so if you find download works best at one percentage then keep it on that and then further test with upload. Try the ranges I mentioned and see if you can get them any better