I play COD Cold War on PS4 Pro and now PS5.   Even with Auto Ping enabled, I rarely get host ping data.  It will show all the tick rates and send/rcv rates, but not the ping.   I thought it may be a scaling issue due to the dashboard view, so I try it under the Geo Filter screen but get the same results.   The Ping data is not even shown as display item or on the chart.   On rare occasions, I can refresh the Chrome browser and it may show up.   This happens even when the Geo Filter is disabled.   Rebooting the router does not help.   I have cleared the browser data and it does not help.  I even try with Geo Filter disabled at the start of PS5 and never re-enable it.  

I am using the Beta 3.0  software. 

Since I could see the Cold War ping within the game,  they issue was minor.   For some reason Cold War removed the ping chart, I now have to rely on the Netduma ping to see what may be happening.  Unfortunately, it is not usable.  Thinking it may be a server data issue, I have flushed the cloud multiple times.  

I am trying to avoid resetting the router, because it takes a while to manually reconfigure all the reserved IP addresses that are needed to minimize the DCHP issues. 

Are there any things that will help this?

10 hours ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

I never had problems with the pre-beta.  The beta seemed to be working well too in the beginning.  

OK, thank you. I'll make the team aware of this, we'll test it and let you know if we've found a solution or need additional information.

Here is something odd that I noticed today when it happens.  In one match, it was giving all the server information except the ping.  The host was the typical ip number.choopa.net; however, the host was listed as "peer".  

EDIT:  The next one showed as "dedicated" and still did not show a host ping.

10 hours ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

Here is something odd that I noticed today when it happens.  In one match, it was giving all the server information except the ping.  The host was the typical ip number.choopa.net; however, the host was listed as "peer".  

EDIT:  The next one showed as "dedicated" and still did not show a host ping.

Thanks for letting us know. Sometimes these servers can be miscategorised as peers at which point I don't think you would see informaiton such as ping, but you certainly should be able to with a dedicated server. 

The ping you get in CoD games is measured off the UDP traffic flow and is not ICMP ping as such.

CoD servers don't actually respond to ICMP ping so it's usually the host before that who returns the ping or it gets dropped entirely. Because of this it occasionally gives you unreliable readings.

Also something to take note of is that DumaOS measures ping from the router to the host, it doesn't account for what happens on your own network, I was testing with port rate limits on a switch once, got a huge amount of lag while ping on DumaOS was fine. It wasn't until I looked at in game ping and then I realized the PS4 had started a download and I was creating my own bufferbloat to the PS4 lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

Has Netduma been able to replicate the issue?  Any progress on a possible fix?

I haven't heard anything just yet, last I heard they were actively trying to replicate the issue but I haven't got any results back so I'll follow up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 5:18 AM, Netduma Liam said:

I haven't heard anything just yet, last I heard they were actively trying to replicate the issue but I haven't got any results back so I'll follow up.

What is the latest status?

15 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

What is the latest status?

One of the QA guys wasn't able to replicate it so they're doing a deeper test including console, I've asked how they got on and if they were able to make any progress so I'll let you know when we've been able to replicate it.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

Anything that I can do or provide to help?  I am playing Cold War multiplayer on PS5 that is wired directly to XR700.

Thanks for the offer, if we still can't reproduce it after a few tries we'll let you know what we may need you to try