Spectrum Says the netduma router isnt supported

slippas

Hi all, i want to start off by saying that I couldnt find a solution to this problem from this forum so I thought I would ask because I cant be the only one with this issue.

I have just bought a netduma r2 and when i tried to use the quickstart guide my modem wouldnt actually push the internet to my router. I use Spectrum as my internet provider and when i talked with them they said they dont support the netduma r2 as a router.

I havent found a way around this with any searches online, or calling my isp to clear it up. I have contacted netduma support but havent heard anything back either. Has anyone had a similar issue? really bummed that the router isnt working after i purchased thinking it would work and I would rather find a solution to the problem than return it. Any help or tips are appreciated.

I just set up a static IP/ reserved an IP on my router, the only issue i have is im not sure how to then go forward and use the R2 with it. Do i plug the R2 into my router? Or do I unplug my router from my modem and plug the R2 into the modem?

• Administrators

Are you using an ISP provided modem along with another ISP provided router/your own router and then the R2? Either way if you plug the R2 into the modem or that router it should work. Try first connecting the R2 to the router you have as it should have no problem getting a connection from that - it's important to note if you haven't done this already that you need to access the R2 interface and complete the setup wizard before you can get internet.

yes im using both a isp provided modem and router, when i plug the r2 in though, i cannot access the r2 interface through my browser by using an ip address, or by typing in dumaos/ .  I know this is probably user error, but i just cant seem to figure out where im going about it wrong

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using an ISP provided modem along with another ISP provided router/your own router and then the R2? Either way if you plug the R2 into the modem or that router it should work. Try first connecting the R2 to the router you have as it should have no problem getting a connection from that - it's important to note if you haven't done this already that you need to access the R2 interface and complete the setup wizard before you can get internet.

So i have tried to plug the netduma into the router and had no luck. Modem tied to router, router tied to r2 ethernet from r2 to pc with no luck. Also I havent been prompted with setup wizard for the r2. Something odd did happen though when the r2 wasnt plugged into anything, i got a notification on my phone that dumaos was connecting to my internet? Im not sure whats going on and I just get more and more confused as time goes on

I live in USA California and also have SPECTRUM internet service provider and is working Fine...

also my friend lives in California same provider and also his router is working Fine...

try to hard reset the router and then see if it works :) 

also once you hard reset the R2 router turn off the modem and the router after 5min turn back on... hope it helps 

Hey @slippas It might help if you could take a screenshot of your current setup of the modem and router you got from Spectrum.. That way we can advise more proper and help you get things going in a more less confusing and positive direction..

There is a couple of ways one can hook this up.. I have Spectrum and the R2 will work with it.. Not sure what Spectrum meant by the R2 isnt supported.. Im thinking they meant it isnt supported with your current setup you have maybe..

You could keep your current setup and plug the R2 WAN port into one of your LAN ports on your Spectrum router.. Or you could possibly eliminate your Spectrum router and plug the R2 directly into your cable modem..  This can only be done if you physically have a modem and router that are not together as one unit.. Thus why a screenshot of what you currently have would be nice..

It might also be a good idea to factory reset your R2 by holding a little pin in the hole on the back of the R2.. Hold it for 30 seconds and then release and let the R2 fully boot up!

Thanks! :) 

Zippy.

1 minute ago, olivera713 said:

I live in USA California and also have SPECTRUM internet service provider and is working Fine...

also my friend lives in California same provider and also his router is working Fine...

try to hard reset the router and then see if it works :) 

I have tried to hard reset both the router and modem to no avail unfortunately. I live in california as well unfortunately  :( so hearing your success makes me feel like im missing something fairly easy to fix!

4 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Hey @slippas It might help if you could take a screenshot of your current setup of the modem and router you got from Spectrum.. That way we can advise more proper and help you get things going in a more less confusing and positive direction..

There is a couple of ways one can hook this up.. I have Spectrum and the R2 will work with it.. Not sure what Spectrum meant by the R2 isnt supported.. Im thinking they meant it isnt supported with your current setup you have maybe..

You could keep your current setup and plug the R2 WAN port into one of your LAN ports on your Spectrum router.. Or you could possibly eliminate your Spectrum router and plug the R2 directly into your cable modem..  This can only be done if you physically have a modem and router that are not together as one unit.. Thus why a screenshot of what you currently have would be nice..

It might also be a good idea to factory reset your R2 by holding a little pin in the hole on the back of the R2.. Hold it for 30 seconds and then release and let the R2 fully boot up!

Thanks! :) 

Zippy.

Hi Zippy, Ill try the factory reset on the R2 right now and eliminate the spectrum router and see if that works. I tried resets before but im feeling optimistic each time I try to fix it lol. Ive attatched pictures of how my setup is right now (its currently changed from the original post to just be my modem and the R2. but ive switched the configs a couple times to get a fix) Im trying the reset right now to see if it works but heres the photos i hope it clears it up a bit!

IMG_7858.HEIC IMG_7857.HEIC

1 minute ago, slippas said:

I have tried to hard reset both the router and modem to no avail unfortunately. I live in california as well unfortunately  :( so hearing your success makes me feel like im missing something fairly easy to fix!

have you try to use different Lan internet cable ?? also at first when you connect the router for the first time you have to logging to NETDUMA R2 ROUTER... TYPE   192.168.88.1

then then ill guide you true the initial configuration for the netduma router...

also i dont know if your modem is a MODEM/ROUTER combo or NOT... mine was MODEM/ROUTER and i was not able to set up the NETDUMA router so i Call Spectrum and Switch to my Regular Netgear MODEM then i was able to conect the NETDUMA R2 Router with no problem at all....

7 minutes ago, slippas said:

Hi Zippy, Ill try the factory reset on the R2 right now and eliminate the spectrum router and see if that works. I tried resets before but im feeling optimistic each time I try to fix it lol. Ive attatched pictures of how my setup is right now (its currently changed from the original post to just be my modem and the R2. but ive switched the configs a couple times to get a fix) Im trying the reset right now to see if it works but heres the photos i hope it clears it up a bit!

IMG_7858.HEIC 1.37 MB · 2 downloads IMG_7857.HEIC 1.4 MB · 0 downloads

your setup is the problem ...!! disconnect the Spectrum Router  because your are connecting the NETDUMA R2 to the router and NOT to the MODEM .....

look at the picture that i upload :) 

InkedIMG_7858_(1)_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_7858_(1)_LI.jpg

9 minutes ago, olivera713 said:

your setup is the problem ...!! disconnect the Spectrum Router  because your are connecting the NETDUMA R2 to the router and NOT to the MODEM .....

look at the picture that i upload :) 

InkedIMG_7858_(1)_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_7858_(1)_LI.jpg

Ok sweet I just did that and my computer says I’m connected to the internet, however it isn’t acting like I am 🤔 the back of my netduma says 192.168.77.1 so I tried to put that in the browser but this is what it looks like. The two lights I highlighted are blinking and not sure where to go from here in order to access the setup for the r2. But it feels like I’m on the right track

image.jpg

7AF148B4-9B27-4329-8F64-95E93A09264F.jpeg

6 minutes ago, olivera713 said:

TYPE   192.168.88.1 and try

Still unresponsive. Restarted my pc as well before trying it and also factory reset modem and r2

image.jpg

Do an Ipconfig in your cmd prompt and post your results here.. See what that says.. You should be seeing the gateway of the R2 which is 192.168.77.1.. 

I think your getting close though.. Your on the right track..

Make sure your hardwired to the R2 from a computer.. And then try to access the interface of the R2.. You have to go through the setup wizard in order to get a connection.. Dont try this on wireless..

Zippy.

1 hour ago, Zippy said:

Do an Ipconfig in your cmd prompt and post your results here.. See what that says.. You should be seeing the gateway of the R2 which is 192.168.77.1.. 

I think your getting close though.. Your on the right track..

Make sure your hardwired to the R2 from a computer.. And then try to access the interface of the R2.. You have to go through the setup wizard in order to get a connection.. Dont try this on wireless..

Zippy.

Ok so I went to do an ipconfig to make my pc a static ip but I’m not sure what info to put in the default gateway or for the preferred and alternate dns server values. How could I find what info I need for these?

ive just don’t ipconfig on cmd prompt and came up with these results

image.jpg

image.jpg

Was the ipconfig output screenshot taken after you set the static IP or before? If before, we're certainly on the right tracks.

Do you now have internet access through the R2? Could you try opening an incognito window in Chrome (or your chosen browser's equivalent) and now try either 192.168.77.1 or https://dumaos/? 

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Was the ipconfig output screenshot taken after you set the static IP or before? If before, we're certainly on the right tracks.

Do you now have internet access through the R2? Could you try opening an incognito window in Chrome (or your chosen browser's equivalent) and now try either 192.168.77.1 or https://dumaos/? 

I did a static IP on my Spectrum router so i dont think i still have one. I didnt try the private browser yet though ill come back with results

14 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Ok here’s the update. Ip config and static ip shown. Incognito window is up and I tried both Dumaos/ and 192.168.77.1 as well as 192.168.77.125 and both yielded no results. Not sure where to go from here:/

A8A3F4D0-EC90-4531-8E04-775C29F1AAC3.jpeg

If you remove the static IP configuration in Windows, what IP does it then show? You may have to issue ipconfig /renew in order for it to display the correct info.

What browser extensions do you have enabled? Could you please temporaily disable them all and see if you can then get to the interface?

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you remove the static IP configuration in Windows, what IP does it then show? You may have to issue ipconfig /renew in order for it to display the correct info.

What browser extensions do you have enabled? Could you please temporaily disable them all and see if you can then get to the interface?

Just did the ipconfig /renew without a static ip and tried to access the interface and was met with the same problem. Also tried it again with the static up but the result was the same. 

I also took all the plungins off my browser as well as disabled all features and it didn’t work in both private and regular browsing 

cmd prompt gave me the same ip when I had taken the static ip off.

update: I have called spectrum and they might have just been blocking my internet service to the new router. They are having a tech come out to try to forward my service to the R2 because that might be the issue. Not sure if the tech will help at all but I will update accordingly 

image.jpg

image.jpg