Internet cuts out periodically

MLine

I have a Netduma R2 connected to a BT Smarthub 2, with a wired connection to my gaming PC through Powerline adaptors and all other devices connected via Wifi.

My internet randomly drops out completely across all devices a couple of times a day - both wired and wireless devices. The BT home hub still shows as blue (implying good connection).

I have my router in the DMZ on the BT Homehub.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. On the BT hub, set the IP of the router - the one you put in the DMZ as a static/reserved IP and that should prevent it happening again

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. On the BT hub, set the IP of the router - the one you put in the DMZ as a static/reserved IP and that should prevent it happening again

Thanks - what seemed to have happened was that the router had a static IP but in the DMZ settings it was pulling a different IP address for the "dumaos" device. I changed the DMZ set-up to be based on the IP assigned and that hopefully has fixed it.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay great, keep us posted!

Another DC unfortunately, router goes out - rebooting it fixes it every time. Failed both wired and wireless.

Edit: Another DC at 23:55

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you set the static IP after adjusting the DMZ to use the new IP?

Nope the Static IP was set before (and has been for a while) I just changed the IP in the DMZ to match the static.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

In Network settings -> LAN -> DHCP, could you please try setting the lease time to 168 hours?

What should I set the DHCP range to?

On 4/22/2021 at 1:38 PM, Netduma Liam said:

You can leave the range as it is for now, just change the lease time.

Still cutting out unfortunately, sometimes a restart doesn't even bring it back now unless I leave it over 10 mins

• Administrators

In WAN Settings on the R2, go to Static and setup the static details as follows:

IP - The IP you set as static for the R2 on the hub
Subnet - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - The IP you use to access the hub 

then reboot from the interface and see if it gets a connection quicker and stays up for longer

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In WAN Settings on the R2, go to Static and setup the static details as follows:

IP - The IP you set as static for the R2 on the hub
Subnet - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - The IP you use to access the hub 

then reboot from the interface and see if it gets a connection quicker and stays up for longer

When you say “the IP to access the hub” is this the IP of the BT Smart Hub interface or the 192.168.77.1 of the duma? I have set it to the latter but want to be sure

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The IP of the BT Hub please

Still the same issue, internet just crashed again. It's unusable for gaming at the moment I am going to have to permanently use my provider router until this resolves.

I did a factory settings reset of the router, validated the static IP/DMZ and re-applied all of the configs required and it's still happening, is it a faulty router?

Thanks

• Administrators

There is a disconnection issue we're looking into at the moment but it shouldn't occur this frequently. We can try a replacement if you like but you may still experience it until the next firmware version