Speed issues with XR1000

I've been having issues with speeds over the last couple of days, I initially thought it was my provider but this morning I have plugged in the old router to find speeds are much faster. was getting like 18Mb/s - 22Mb/s with my XR1000 and with my older router im getting 35Mb/s - 38Mb/s. im not sure what's caused this too happen, I tried turning my XR1000 and my modem off multiple and I am on the latest firmware. Can anyone give me a list of suggestions to work through to see if I can resolve this. 

Thank you. 

Are you using QoS? If so, do your speeds improve if you disable it fully from the three-line menu in Congestion Control?

How are you measuring your speeds? Through Connection Benchmark or through a third-party speedtest such as speedtest.net?

Yes i did have QoS set up, when fully disabling it as you suggested it hasn't done anything to the speed. 

When measuring speeds I will use connection benchmark and speedtest.net to compare results and when I plug my old router back in I just you used speed test.net. results taken from connection benchmark and speedtest.net are almost identical so it's giving me an indication that something isn't right when I swap routers over.

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are ALL devices usually connected to the XR? Are you testing via ethernet or WiFi?

Yes all devices are connected to the XR and I am testing via ethernet 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

On the QoS page does it now say QoS disabled alongside each panel?

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to?

Any update on a FW?

what’s bugs/ new things r being added?

• 3 weeks later...

Fraser, I couldn’t didn’t get micro disconnection post I originally made about the xr1000. However, whenever the micro disconnection occurs, it looks like in the log a DHCP Ip is renewed.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CRarsenxL said:

Fraser, I couldn’t didn’t get micro disconnection post I originally made about the xr1000. However, whenever the micro disconnection occurs, it looks like in the log a DHCP Ip is renewed.

NG are looking into that currently so I suspect once they figure it out they'll deploy a fix for each XR router