Conected with no internet

Rustyw

Hi,

Everything worked fine for 2 weeks,however today suddenly I lost the internet connection.

It says on Network Status: WAN IP Disconected 

I did a factory reset a few  times on the ISP router(Helix2 Videotron)and also on the R2...nothing.

It worked  fine with the ISP router on Bridge mode.

What should I do?

Thanks

Rusty

Hey Rusty, If you factory reset the R2 already did it have you go through the setup wizard again? I think after factory resetting the R2 one must complete the setup wizard in order to get a connection.. But for future reference dont factory reset your ISP.. Because now it may not be in bridge mode any longer.. It likely now is in router mode. Something you may need to check..

Thanks!

Zippy

45 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Hey Rusty, If you factory reset the R2 already did it have you go through the setup wizard again? I think after factory resetting the R2 one must complete the setup wizard in order to get a connection.. But for future reference dont factory reset your ISP.. Because now it may not be in bridge mode any longer.. It likely now is in router mode. Something you may need to check..

Thanks!

Zippy

HI Zippy,

I went through the setup wizard again on R2 and I also replaced the ISP router in bridge mode...I cannot get an internet connection...WAN IP Disconected.

Hey Rusty, Ive had this happen to me as well.. I can only share what has worked for me to get the R2 to obtain a WAN address.. What I did was power off just the ISP modem/router and left it unplugged for a couple of minutes.. Then plugged the ISP modem router back in and wait about 5mins to see if then the R2 obtains a WAN address again.. Sometimes I have to do this a few times in order for it to work again.. Its a pretty simple procedure but it can also take a few times to get it to take.. Remember to keep everything connected and just power cycle the ISP modem/router that you have from your ISP.. Leave the R2 powered up and connected to your ISP modem/router during this. Again this my take a few tries.. 

Hopefully this isnt confusing.. But feel free to give it a go!

Good luck!

Zippy. 

11 hours ago, Zippy said:

Hey Rusty, Ive had this happen to me as well.. I can only share what has worked for me to get the R2 to obtain a WAN address.. What I did was power off just the ISP modem/router and left it unplugged for a couple of minutes.. Then plugged the ISP modem router back in and wait about 5mins to see if then the R2 obtains a WAN address again.. Sometimes I have to do this a few times in order for it to work again.. Its a pretty simple procedure but it can also take a few times to get it to take.. Remember to keep everything connected and just power cycle the ISP modem/router that you have from your ISP.. Leave the R2 powered up and connected to your ISP modem/router during this. Again this my take a few tries.. 

Hopefully this isnt confusing.. But feel free to give it a go!

Good luck!

Zippy. 

Hi,

I did restarted the ISP router a few times,unfortunately my internet its still not working.

Why the internet stopped working suddenly,without doing nothing on the settings?

I just disconected the R2 and now I am using the ISP router only.This is the second R2,I had the same problem with the first one, among others.

Have no idea what to do next...

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd suggest taking the ISP router out of bridge mode first. Then with the R2 connected does the ISP router show it as a connected device?

Ok,I ll try that when I ll get home,but tell me how should I connect the 2 routers for this test? Should I  use the  same ports as in bridge mode,meaning WAN port R2 and normal port for the ISP router?

Thank you

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's exactly right

It works when the ISP is not in bridge mode,but as soon as I turn on bridge mode on the ISP router I loose the internet connection on the R2.

Later edit: I lost the internet connection after 20 minutes,even with the ISP router not in bridge mode...

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

On the ISP router, give the R2 a static/reserved IP address, then reboot the R2 from the interface and see if it sustains a connection.

In bridge mode ?

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thats great, if it has been stable then do not change anything!

Yes, but now except my ps4 who is conected to R2 all my other devices(30+) are conected to the ISP router.This  was only a test, at your suggestion, to give r2 a static IP.

Should I switch back to bridge mode and re-connect everything back to R2?

Thanks

11 hours ago, Rustyw said:

Yes, but now except my ps4 who is conected to R2 all my other devices(30+) are conected to the ISP router.This  was only a test, at your suggestion, to give r2 a static IP.

Should I switch back to bridge mode and re-connect everything back to R2?

Thanks

OK, in that case yes give it a go and see if it can still maintain connection!