R2 drops all WiFi and LAN connections at random

creek

Ive had the R2 since January but as of late it randomly disconnects from the internet. have to unplug and plug back in. im not home during the day but this happens once or twice at night when im gaming. 

Sorry to hear that!

Do all devices disconnect or is it just particular devices? Are they wired or wireless?

Are you able to access the interface when it disconnects?

Do you leave the interface open while you're gaming? If so, how long is this for roughly?

Yes all devices. Wifi connect and LAN connected. Every time it drops connection I have to unplug and plug the router back in. I’m unable to access the interface while it’s down. Sometimes I do leave it up while gaming. 

Hi

this happend me too twice. I got my R2 like 2 month ago. FW 3.0.205. R2 is DHCP Server for my entire network.

To resolve this I have to pull the power cord and replug it in after like 5 sec. Modem is fine and always connected to Inet. No issues on that side. After that R2 is ready and Inet is back.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, MagicOnline said:

Hi

this happend me too twice. I got my R2 like 2 month ago. FW 3.0.205. R2 is DHCP Server for my entire network.

To resolve this I have to pull the power cord and replug it in after like 5 sec. Modem is fine and always connected to Inet. No issues on that side. After that R2 is ready and Inet is back.

Same question to you above - it's not a case of blaming the modem but if it's a pure modem then it might occur more

2 hours ago, creek said:

Yes all devices. Wifi connect and LAN connected. Every time it drops connection I have to unplug and plug the router back in. I’m unable to access the interface while it’s down. Sometimes I do leave it up while gaming. 

Exactly the same issue here mate been happening since it released 

2 minutes ago, MagicOnline said:

I suspect its the R2 Hardware or Software/Firmware because before R2 I had a Nighthawk XR500 and I never had issues.

Before the R2 I was using a regular Ethernet switch to split the signal to my consoles and pc. After the R2 I’ve had issues with speed, connectivity and signal drops. 

Ok, I am almost done with my R2. !!! This is just unacceptable. 

Lost all LAN connections last Thursday and again right now. It's not even a week online. My modem is always connected to internet. I checked it with direct Ethernet connection to it. It's the R2 losing all WIFI and all Ethernet connections. Not even possible to get to the dashboard. After reboot all fine. What is wrong here?

The IP of R2 is reserved on the ISP modem. This Router has hardware or software problems, but I suspect it's a HW issue.

I don't want to start troubleshooting with you. Just tell me how to do a replacement or a refund. And btw, I don't really see any good benefit over my good old Nighthawk XR500.

Sorry to hear that, I can understand why that's so frustrating. You can email [email protected] if you'd like to return for a refund, our terms can be found at netduma.com/terms.

However, for a replacement we do need to confirm that this isn't something we can resolve through settings. Could you please try going to Network settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the lease time to 168 hours. If at all possible, are you able to disable Wi-Fi on your R2 and enable it on the modem, such that only wired devices are handled by the R2? If so, could you try this and see if you still experience a disconnection?

i have wifi drops as well, did not happen on my prior router. wifi issues were part of the reason i stopped using the r1 in the first place. getting pretty disappointed. 

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, zaad said:

i have wifi drops as well, did not happen on my prior router. wifi issues were part of the reason i stopped using the r1 in the first place. getting pretty disappointed. 

@zaad post all the issues you're having in the topic you created and we can help you there as best we can