XR 1000 Beta os

On 3/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Actually yes there is, I've sent you a private message with the link. 

Hey Fraser. The .54 FW you gave me felt great! Maybe NG cleaned up some of their FW??

anyways, my next question to you would be CPU3. I heard packet acceleration On the NG forums which you said. Any confirmation on this? If it was a thing, how would it work? I see my CPU3 working like 1 to 1.5 to 2 sometimes but most of the time 0

Relatively high! Not sure exactly!

Also, how can I read the connection benchmark. Am I disregarding both speed and ping/jitter test?

i am only concerned with the ping under load portion? (Last column)

Also when I change the buffer sliders, it will reflect in the ping under load as well right?

19 hours ago, CRarsenxL said:

Relatively high! Not sure exactly!

Also, how can I read the connection benchmark. Am I disregarding both speed and ping/jitter test?

i am only concerned with the ping under load portion? (Last column)

Also when I change the buffer sliders, it will reflect in the ping under load as well right?

That's right! Ping Under Load is a great way to see if QoS is working, you should see changes each time you adjust the sliders in Congestion Control. Experiment with this to see how flat you can get that graph!

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, djhixson88 said:

Hey @Netduma Fraser any key changes with this beta software? I might be interested in it 

The firmware mentioned as far as I know includes DHCP option 60/61 and BT IGMP Proxy support, other than until it's released fully I won't have a full change log. 

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The firmware mentioned as far as I know includes DHCP option 60/61 and BT IGMP Proxy support, other than until it's released fully I won't have a full change log. 

Anything on the interface being slow after a few days and requiring a reboot?

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, djhixson88 said:

Anything on the interface being slow after a few days and requiring a reboot?

I don't think there are any changes from us in it as it was provided by NG as a trial for the above mentioned features so it's likely to be the same - @CRarsenxL have you noticed whether slow loading has improved on this version?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think there are any changes from us in it as it was provided by NG as a trial for the above mentioned features so it's likely to be the same - @CRarsenxL have you noticed whether slow loading has improved on this version?

Loading is the same.

However I am noticing a lot more microdisconnects.

Wifi seems fine ; same as wired.

Bandwidth allocation I have noticed needs a reset a lot of times to get my actual speeds.

traffic prio felt great though. 

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, CRarsenxL said:

Loading is the same.

However I am noticing a lot more microdisconnects.

Wifi seems fine ; same as wired.

Bandwidth allocation I have noticed needs a reset a lot of times to get my actual speeds.

traffic prio felt great though. 

Thanks for the info, as it is in trial it's not tested which is likely why these issues are present

Can I please get access to the 0.54 beta too? Am currently on the 0.53. It helps with the NAT type issues most of the times, but keen to jump to 0.54 if it has solved for some of the bugs.

Thanks

P4UL

• Administrators
1 hour ago, P4UL said:

Can I please get access to the 0.54 beta too? Am currently on the 0.53. It helps with the NAT type issues most of the times, but keen to jump to 0.54 if it has solved for some of the bugs.

Thanks

P4UL

As above, it's only for DHCP identifiers and BT IGMP Proxy support, as far as I am aware it doesn't include anything else - it is a trial firmware just for this and as such is untested and likely to have more bugs.