Network speeds

Rylo

So I know this is a weird question but shooters shoot am I right? 

I have bell fiber the 1GB down and 750 up with a netduma r2 but I don’t have a desktop nor laptop that can achieve those speeds not even close neither from WiFi or Ethernet so running a Speedtest to put into QoS bandwidth speeds so I put random numbers in, I had 730 download and 696 upload for the network settings. I was wondering what should I realistically put in to achieve my actual full speeds I ran the auto detect on the R2 and it gave me 850 download and 720 upload. Should I leave it as that or should I put in my 1 gig down and 750 upload?  confusing to my walnut brain 

also to add on is there any network settings I should have turned off? I have IPv6 turned off both general and WAN. Allow ping, port scan, and syn flood are enabled, should any of those be turned off? 

• Administrators

I would put about 950/750 as that's probably roughly what the router will be getting - the test it does uses a server that doesn't always report the highest. All those network settings are fine as you've left them :)

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would put about 950/750 as that's probably roughly what the router will be getting - the test it does uses a server that doesn't always report the highest. All those network settings are fine as you've left them :)

Thank you will give that a try 🙂