My ps4 and Xbox both want to use 3074 port

Tmtmulisha

When trying to play with my friend who comes over we enable cross play and jump on. But it gives us a strict nat type because they both trying to use 3074 please help. If we try to play outbreak it just makes me lose connection to the host.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Tmtmulisha said:

Thanks for the responses what do you mean port forward that port? Like I know open up the ports required I just never heard of port forward the port I pick in Xbox settings?

Try first by just changing the port on the Xbox itself - in most cases UPnP should then allow both consoles to get an open NAT.

If not in LAN settings for Port forwarding add a rule for the Xbox and put the port you changed it to in source/destination and save.

12 hours ago, Tmtmulisha said:

ok got that problem fixed. Now my qos keeps going from devices to applications and resetting setup? And if it does keep it on devices it resets what i setup.

thanks for all the help.

Glad to hear it!

When do you see it reset? After you go to another Rapp then come back? You'll need to make sure you're hitting 'Update distribution' after you make changes.

18 hours ago, Tmtmulisha said:

correct when i close it entirely. and im on 3.0.205 and it seems to be with the app and duma os on my computer i deleted the app and it seems to work now?

OK glad to hear it, did you have both the app and the web interface open at the same time?

• 2 weeks later...

If I change the port on my Xbox and not use the 3074 port lime for example I have 49200 if I change it to that. To get an open nat for both so we can play if I just leave the Xbox on that port and play online by myself with the ps4 will this cause lag?

Like it is shuddering like it almost looks like it’s skipping. And even when logging into Cold War under my PlayStation it says moderate nat type. And does the same shudder effect. And by traffic prioritization you talking about upnp? Then yes but there both trying to use 3074 udp port not sure if that matters or not?

• Administrators

Yes try adding them both with the Games Console service and disable DumaOS Classified Games - you can leave all devices on yes as if you'd adjusted Congestion Control it will ensure they don't cause you to lag